You can type here any text you want

stock mount throttle body 70MM++?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

summit

Saw someone advertising they had a 75 mm TB on their stage motor and was wondering if there really is something larger than a 70 that mounts to a stock style plenum? I am using a hemco adapted to a four barrel intake on my stage II heads so am kind of limited on the mounting choices.
Greg Kring

I just put my old 70mm TB onto a 90 degree plenum. I made an aluminum plate to cover the 90mm inlet and then cut a 70 mm hole. My original plan was to drill holes for the mounting bolts right into the plate but there wasn't enough clearance so the TB uses one of the 90mm plenum bolt holes and I drilled the plate for the other one. The TB sits a little to one side. I then spent a few hours fabbing up some brackets and was able to use the stock throttle cable.

Thanks to Bill Anderson for the plate idea. Oh, and apparently the Ford TB's out of Summit fit the plenum. Maybe in the future I'll get one and rid myself of my off-to-one-side TB. But it's an off-center motor so I'm allowed an off-center TB.:D

I have one of the PT&E elbows for the Ford style TBs..I think that is going to be your only answer. The bolt pattern on the stockers can't be much further than 75 mm apart.

<sales voice on> I'd sell my PT&E elbow for $150 shipped; I'm doing a tunnel ram now... </sales voice off> :)

Iknow all about the ford style plenums. Problem is I already welded up my four barrel intake to take a stock buick plenum pattern. The Hemco bolts on and off like stock, I was looking for an easier route than changing intakes. Want to see if I really need a 90 before I spend the money to fab a new intake. I do think I can use something bigger than a 70, however. maybe rework the hemco intake to fit a ford TB?
greg

Back