You can type here any text you want

stock prom

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIRGIN87T

More Boost
hey, i was wondering if any of you guys know if i can get a stock chip from a vendor. or if any of you guys are interested in selling a stock one. i think i burned mine up, and i need another one. or if not, is it ok to put a thrasher 92 into a stock with basically no mods? thanks for the info.

any help would be greatly appreciated, im new to these cars, so i dont know too much yet.

Post a wanted advert. Stock injector chips are about Free.

You have to use a scott simpson Thrasher for it to work with the stock 233 FP regulator. Regular thrashers are set up to run with the TTA/FWD regal 237 FP regulator. The thrasher has open loop idle and will very likely not pass emisions. Scott can burn you an emissions chip for $15.

Even if the car is all stock, it is a VERY GOOD IDEA to replace the fuel pump with an aftermarket Walbro. Ramcharchers is having a May special for $89 you get a Walbro 340, which is a killer deal. It may be more pump than you ever need, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

A weak stock fuel pump can crap out in the high 14's. My car wouldn't run a 13 until I replaced the fuel pump.

ok thx a lot. im goin to change the fuel pump this month. what chip do u recommend to use with a hotwired 340m? and will it be okay with the stock regulator and injectors? thx again

Originally posted by VIRGIN87T
ok thx a lot. im goin to change the fuel pump this month. what chip do u recommend to use with a hotwired 340m? and will it be okay with the stock regulator and injectors? thx again

A good fuel pump will work with any chip or injectors. Thrasher chips are what I reccommend for stock and near stock cars.

Can someone id this GM prom chip

This was in one of my spare ecms. It had the correct 16036504 Cal pack, so I suspect the prom might be a stocker. The id# is 0602. Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Back