You can type here any text you want

Stock Radio Problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnboy

Stock Radio(cass./eq.) is losing it's connection with stations. Starts to wander. Appears that this is a common problem with these. From reading other post appears that tuner pack needs to be resoldered. Just need a general location on circuit board of tuner pack.

The tuner pack should be right on back of the radio, usually where the antenna lead is going from. You can try to adjust the tuner pack usually with a small flat head screw drivers and usually located in multiple colors. But I never needed to do any adjustments before.

Just found out today why my radio was freaking out so badly on the AM band. Symptoms: AM would start to fade out, particulary when moving. When parked, it was always OK. FM not noticably effected. After losing the signal, turning the power off, then on, would always bring the station back. But only for a time. Ultimately, the AM band became totally unlistenable. The frequency wouldn't seem to shift, the display would always stay locked on. The cause (I think): my antenna connection was bad! I have a 1989 update to the EQ radio/cassette. This one uses the smaller antenna plug. So I have an adapter that includes a 90 deg plug into the radio. This had turned out and was grounding against the dash frame. Now I taped it against the radio and works fine again, so far :)

Back