You can type here any text you want

stock rear end

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eviljay

I'm concerned that with my current set up that the rear end is going to be the weak link. How many of you are still running the stock rear end with a compatible set up????? I'm running 19 to 20 lbs of boost.....

So ether this means nobody has a setup close to mine or no one has a stock rear end????

What this means is your impatient.. 2 whole hours...

I bet you cant break the 9 bolt under your car.

50.00 bucks says you cant do it on a launch. Now if you do donuts or run the rim into a curb... thats another story.

Only thing you'll kill is the posi.. as this is the weak link. But bust an axle or ring gear.. nope. Most I ever did with my stock rear end was tweak the pinion gear whereby it howled under decell.. but was never able to break it on slicks. And i'm over 600 passes.

Nitto's... buwahahahaha :D

What this means is your impatient.. 2 whole hours...

I'm sorry to seem impatient but the post had 10 hits and no replys.

However I'm glad it was you that replied becuse you seem to be the guru of the TTA board and I can except your answer, plus it's what I wanted to hear. Any advice on the next upgrade. I'm looking at 50 lb injectors and fuel pump????

Guru..nahh..

Walbro 340M for the FP..

MSD50's(aka Delphi).. what about 57's..60's..or 75's.. dunno.. the 50's will take the car deep into the 11's assumming boost, timing, traction, and luck :)

10 hits is nothing.. get like 200 .. then your in trouble.

;)

That’s what I was thinking. I haven't had the car to the track yet, but I think I should be running somewhere in the 12's. (???) The car is a slow restore project. If I can put it in the 11's that will be very satisfying, but once I'm in the 11's I'll wants 10's. It's a never-ending evil circle...

I guess Your in the 11´s, as I´ve managed 12.139 with a broken transmission, bad converter and no boost during launch.

/Andreas

Back