You can type here any text you want

Stock replacement CA Cat convertor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SFI Cutlass

I've been looking for a new stock appearing catalytic convertor like the ones on kirban performance website. I made a call to them last week and spoke to a gentleman that said he would call me back and confirm if they were legal for use in my state but never recieved a call back regarding if the convertors they sold were California legal?

Anyone know where I can find one a new one at?

The magnaflow are nice. Buy the generic one and then call RJC and order one of his 4 bolt flanges. Weld it on and that is as close to stock appearing as I have seen. Some have the air injection tube on them for carbed vehicles and it is easy to spot as not original.

I once tried to buy Kirban's kit, but they refused to sell because it wasn't cal legal. California requires 3 way cats, Kirbans is a 2 way. I did get a magnaflow, I forget the number but it was a direct fit for stock down pipe and already had flange. So about the magnaflow, works great, but my idiot tech says where's the EO number... it's a direct replacement :rolleyes: After a call to his boss he lets it go. The 3 way lowers NOx, but NOx on these cars are pretty low to start with.

Thanks guys I'm a give magnaflow a call and see what they say. Like I said before I called kirban but they could not answer my question and never heard back from them, oh well. I guess I can't blame them they probably hate CA as much as I do when It comes to smoging our cars.

Message me I have a hi flow Stock size, brand new cat it's 2-1/2" Poston use to sell them! New in the box! I can shoot a picture tomorrow! I will have to look if there is any info on there about 3 way filtration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Message me I have a hi flow Stock size, brand new cat it's 2-1/2" Poston use to sell them! New in the box! I can shoot a picture tomorrow! I will have to look if there is any info on there about 3 way filtration.

Sure just send me a picture and the number stamped on the cat cause they have to be able to read and see if it's one that is ca approved

35668f845f62852fef1099173f935d82.jpg
9084214268c332d775b09d2447df8cfe.jpg
de1b9eb467d8cdbfd16ece6493ca229b.jpg

From the numbers looks like this one is good to go for California emissions!

I still have my stock/factory unit. Took it off when I bought my GN at 35K miles. PM me if interested.

Magnaflow #93439 is the best bang for your buck, but unfortunately not legal in California. .Couple of our members in CA are
using Flowmaster #3589034 CA Legal. the one that trickSixPa has from Poston is a great converter ,bought two of them from Poston
in the late 90's before they closed the doors.Good Luck.

Small world. I have a new Pistons Cat that was laying around for 12 years. Just put it on tuesday.

You in California? What you have in there before notice any difference?[/QUOTe The Poston Cat was used by me on my old GN in order to pass IL emissions in 2004. It worked and car passed. I took it off right after the emission test and put it on the shelf. IL stopped emission testing then on 1994 and older cars. just put it on my newer Turbot to replace worn out stock cat. The car is pepier but my car is stock.

Back