You can type here any text you want

Stock Replacement Rocker Arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DJackson1357

Does anyone know the correct stock replacement rocker arm part number(s)? The reason I ask, while replacing the head gaskets on my dad's 87 GN last weekend I noticed several pushrods that had worn while rubbing the head. The rockers are not stamped L or R, but I've switched the set on the number 6 cylinder and seen no difference in pushrod clearance. Since I still had stock shafts, I ordered the G-bodyparts complete kit with braces, HD shafts, and rocker arms. However, I received 12 pcs of R-947. Is anyone familiar with this part number? I was expecting two distinct part numbers.

I checked Autozone, and they show MR-814 as left hand and MR-813 as right hand. Advance Auto shows R-870 as left hand, but nothing for right hand.

I'm running a comp 206/206 flat tappet with stock length pushrods for reference.

I'll dig out my set and post what's stamped on them. I have a new set of the HD arms only...planning on selling cheap.

Send me a PM on the rockers please Scott. I'm just about to get to the point where I'll need them.

Anyone? Would like to get this back together and in the car this weekend, but want to make sure the valvetrain is correct before I do.

Apparently the GM # for the 'R'ight rockers is: #1241850

This is two to a box. I don't have any 'L'eft rockers in a box for their number. So can't help there.

HTHs,

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back