You can type here any text you want

Stock Rocker Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Granny 2

I'm wanting to replace my stock rockers and shafts. The ones I ordered have the area where the pushrod goes into the rocker is about 1/8" off center. The one that was in the car was in the center of the rocker.

Anyone have any idea why they are different and which one should I use. Can't seem to find any that are on center. :confused:

Thanks

Granny 2 said:
I'm wanting to replace my stock rockers and shafts. The ones I ordered have the area where the pushrod goes into the rocker is about 1/8" off center. The one that was in the car was in the center of the rocker.

Anyone have any idea why they are different and which one should I use. Can't seem to find any that are on center. :confused:

Thanks

You might have the shafts backwards. I noticed this when I switched to hardened shafts. I went to test fit them and the center was off a little bit. Then I switched them around and they fit fine.

When I got my hardened shafts and new rockers, I had to remove the plastic retainers, take all the shafts off and realign them. Not sure why they were different from one head to the next, but they had to be rearranged. Some even come with L and R for left and right...

You're fine...all the aftermarket stock style rockers I've seen have the pushrod dimple offset from center...just make sure you install them in the correct position on the shaft...they should be marked "L" and "R"...these indicate the position for the rocker for each cyl when looking at the head from the side of the car...in many cases the offset dimple repositions the pushrod so it doesn't rub on the pushrod hole in the head...

Back