You can type here any text you want

Story from a 'Tang owner.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

olds443

This story was e-mailed to me by a mortgage broker I am dealing with. He told me this after seeing my car. I thought it was cool so I thought I would share it, enjoy!

""Awesome Sleeper!
Quick Story, In 1990 I owned a 89 Mustang GT. It was pretty much stock except for some intake mods and Nitrous. Up until this point I did not know what a GNX was. So it was a friday night on Ventura Blvd. When this older Gentlemen and his wife puled up to me at a red light. He was a pretty cool guy because I asked him if he wanted to race and all he asked me was if my car was stock. Light turns green we both come off the line. I shift to 2nd and hit the nitrous. I figured at this point that car would be in my rear view mirrors. It not only kept up, but managed to gain a car length as I shifted to 3rd. I had just learned the hard way of what a GNX was. I also found out what that motor was all about. I'm still impressed to this day.

I had a past client of mine refinance his house with a credit line to buy an original owner, 87 GNX with 3k miles on it back in 2001. It was his dream car and he paid 32k to own a piece of his dream. I spoke to him a year ago and the car now has 5k miles on it.""

To Cool!!

I think a GNX is every Buick owner's wet dream. I refinanced a guys house for him too, but he bought a Pontiac Azteck :confused: :rolleyes: yuck!!

Re: To Cool!!

Originally posted by 88ZNX
I think a GNX is every Buick owner's wet dream. I refinanced a guys house for him too, but he bought a Pontiac Azteck :confused: :rolleyes: yuck!!

:p Thats sad really, I would have at least got an element if I wanted something boxy to ride around in.

As for the GNX, its also sad he doesnt really drive it. I am a person that some would say ruin the car because I drive it. If I had a GNX it would be driven as much as possible, heck, I drive my GN as much as I can in the summer.

I paid cash for my GN. The guy's wife was tired of the car and how hard it shifted, so she forced him to sell it. I gave him cash, and then had to go back to his house a few hours later to pick up a few extra parts. He already had a minivan in the driveway. I felt bad for him, sorta! ;)

Back