You can type here any text you want

Strange Knock Issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

54Rich

If I slowly accelerate from a dead stop, enough to take off hard without spinning, I may get a touch of knock (.5-1.5 at the most), car feels really strong and if not careful the tires will spin. If I throw it to the floor from a dead stop, it seems slow to take off (kind of powerless), then as the boost climbs at around 12 or so the Knock comes in, I actually heard it! ScanMaster recorded it around 10! The O2’s were recorded 690!
In third gear at 60, if I floor it, zero knock. 21lbs boost, 810 O2’s. I raised the overall fuel by around 10%, which lowered my BM’s to around 119. This should be a very conservitive tune, chip is states 23-25 psi.
I’ll also get knock when it kicks down, say to pass, but maybe a couple degrees at most. I’m thinking this is false.
Any idea what could be going on? SMC Progressive kit set to come on at 10 and max at 20.

Thanks,

The stock turbo comes on fast. You'll probably need the alky turn-on down around 5psi or so.

I'm not sure what you mean by "overall fuel". If it's a TT 5.6 chip, there is no overall fuel that affects BLM's, only WOT fuel.

The stock turbo comes on fast. You'll probably need the alky turn-on down around 5psi or so.

I'm not sure what you mean by "overall fuel". If it's a TT 5.6 chip, there is no overall fuel that affects BLM's, only WOT fuel.

I'll try turning the turn on lower. I adjusted the WOT fuel. So this only changes fueling at WOT? I assumed it increase the overall fueling across the entire range, ending up with the set percentage at WOT?

Thanks for your input.

Made some adjustments, turn on around 5. Seemed to take off, thought maybe this could be better, then noticed the two very long black marks behind me:cool:

Scared the crap out of my Father-in-Law:biggrin:

Back