Street Class for BMP

Would you personally run your car in the street class?

• Yes I want to participate.. dont care

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Will only run if criteria meets my car

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wont run becuase my car is not fast enough

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • would rather run brackets, not heads up

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Who's coming to the 93 shootout. I mean really coming..and will run theyre car.

We'll work the rules on the majority.. all I want to see is a "be there"

I know of Myself and 2-4 other cars.. So we have 5 so far.

just say yay..

Razor
Jd's GNX
Jimmy's T
WH1-Denver
Vitaman2

Bo ya coming to run.. what about Ken? and Turbo buicks in tampa?? Come on guys..

RedRegalT.. I'll give ya little bread to enter the car.. lets see that DIY kit make the 12.5 number :)

Irvjr I know your coming as well.. we just need to figure the tires issues. I can lend you my slicks if you want.

all depends on tranny situation and how soon my vacuum leak is found, an no its NOT the BOV;). i HOPE its fixed by March. whens the date of the shootout? maybe i could procure a set of slicks and a tank of racegas too if this SMC kit messes up. i got a mity vac and already found a bad check valve and idle BLMs are almost there but at the first sign of throttle they climb up to 150 leading me to believe its post throttle gasket. once i get my dads crown vic where i can drive it regularly im gonna replace every gasket from the intake up and use that hylomar you were talking about. shoot me an email with the details if ya could or something, thanks julio. btw, i NEED PAC!!! also whats the cost?

Cory..i'm the master blm'er of the area :D . You have until March 6-7 to get it running. Thats 45 days away..get the tranny squared away, bring it down, we'll figure the blm issue.

My tranny as of 11 pm last nite is ;) .. so all I have to do is wash my car, wax it, and a couple other surprises :)

Remember, I can only help if you call... TTA345..thanks.. see ya there

I'd love to come down and join you folks, but who's going to trailer me back if I break? ;) I have some more turbo buick folks from the pan-handle that would love to come down too. Maybe we could get a caravan together sometime, but it doesn't look like this year is a good year for me.

James, come down and participate physically. Whether you run or not, showing up and paying at the gate assurres this will be here next year. Simple economics.

And if you want to run, but slack a little and take it easy..thats fun too.

Sorry bud.. I cant tow ya home.. maybe someone from your area brings down a trailer.. and you can get that 100 mile AAA ;)

Take you a few days to get home tho.. hehe

:cool: Don't know how to vote.Kind of a combination of 2 and 4. Love bracket raceing.Draws more racers definatly and don't have a whole lot of time to change things on car either .This race is coming up fast and the event needs to be listed in the events section of board if we hope to get enough cars for all these classes being talked about.People need time to plan to take time off work .get cars ready.and make hotel reservations.Raced last year and had a great time .Am very thankful for someone steping up to the plate to put this on.

well one thing is for sure, that is the date. As far as the rules for the class..thats whats being worked on. March 6,7th '04

Dont know what the specifics on what happens on those two days is..but thats whats being worked on.

I was thinking on the lines of a mini TSM but on 93 octane. majority of the alky/propane/nos cars run in the high 11's and low-mid 12's. Having them run on drag radials makes the class more fun. And a challenge to the driver.

For brackets, dont need to have any rules. Since your racing the clock. A 8 second GN and a 15 second GN both can run. I dont think the intent of the 93 class is for brackets.

Daytona, see ya there in 45 days :)

you can count on me ,im going to even buy some drag radails
i can't wait to see as many TR's and TTA's tare up the track no matter what class they want to race in. thanks JD

I'll be there to race for sure but, I'm not sure what class. Probably bracket race since I don't have DRs. just slicks. Can't wait.
Glenn

93 class

I'm torn, I ran my car's current set up on dr and couldn't hook, I would like to get a set of slicks and see if I'm able to turn my mid 12's at 116 mph into 11's. I voted for 1 but I might change my mind before March.

I feel your pain as to the drag radials hooking.. but the class makes it a drivers class. Bring the slicks in the trunk, and drive here on the DR's.. depending how you do, maybe just do a tire swap and play on the slicks latter part of the day.

Only takes a couple minutes to swap tires..

I'll be there, what the heck I'm retired. Don't think mine can
run in the 12's on straight 93 though. What is Xylene and where can I get it in the Gainesville/Ocala area? How much would
you want to use? Will I be able to use my Thrasher 108 chip with the addition of the Xylene or should I stick with one of the street chips? Still haven't tested this car at the track, so this could be interesting.

Howard
slowsix@excite.com
Williston, FL
TA-49, hot-wired syclone pump, 38# injectors, big neck,
3" dp/tp/ss cross-flow, BFG dr's.

Howard, do a search under Xylene and you'll find plenty of threads pertaining to it.

You can buy xylene at most paint stores.. Scott Paint here in St Pete sells a 5 gallon can for like 25 bucks. Home depot gets 9 dollars a gallon approx. Please dont quote me on prices, its been years since I touched the stuff.

Alcohol section of the board also will give plenty of info.

HTH

See ya there.. bring sum sticky tires and have fun :)