You can type here any text you want

Street/Strip 2004R lock up with brake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brian

Street/Strip 2004R lock up with brake.
This has a Monte SS CZ hi-po valvebody (model), and the trans has all my usual parts. 550 and 400 boost valves, pump ring kit, Alto clutches (extra throughout) and wide Red band with our shift calibration.(shift kit)
This unit is a lock up with a big servo, and transbrake. The input shaft and drum are hardened. Has a stock pan with a custom baffle for fluid control, and a drain plug installed.
This trans will have nice firm shifts, and shift at nearly 5500 at WOT. Perfect for a ported heads and cam car.
Biggest difference between this and the BRF is a later WOT upshift, 5200`ish vs 5500, and a slightly earlier third gear while cruising. (most people never notice) With all correct wiring and switches for a GN, with the correct black plug.
This transmission is built to run into the 10`s with the right converter it will give years of trouble free service.
Price on this unit is $1500 + $150 shipping in the U.S. (continental 48) This price includes the core charge.

This transmission is built to be run with a 10 inch or similar hi-po converter. (9/11, Vig, etc) We could easily change this over to non lock up, and make a package deal with an Art Carr converter.
You can also search the trans forum for info on the CZ valvebodies.

You can view feedback in that forum on this board.
Search under brian, or Brian Hofer
Thank you, Brian
hipsibri@cs.com

street/strip 2004/r lock-up

sweet.Is this the same trans you run in your gn and will it hold say 10.2 @ 136mph?

sweet.Is this the same trans you run in your gn and will it hold say 10.2 @ 136mph?

The engineering in the trans will run those times you ask about.
I run the same build, but to run bottom 10`s with a lock up converter I would recommend a billet drum (for sure) and possibly a input shaft for safety.

Brian

Very Interested, already talked to you about getting a trans, give me maybe a day or two to get my finances taken care of to come up with the money. What could you get me a 3000 or 3200 stall lockup converter for with it?

Thanks, Dan

As soon as my trannys go, I'm going with one of Brians. All I hear are how good they are. Hope he still building them. BTW, I was looking back at some GSXtras and saw your car in there in a 2000 issue.

Jason

Very Interested, already talked to you about getting a trans, give me maybe a day or two to get my finances taken care of to come up with the money. What could you get me a 3000 or 3200 stall lockup converter for with it?

Thanks, Dan

Dan,
I responded to your parts wanted ad as well.
I do not sell converters. I have been recommending Pat`s, and just started with some recent sucesses recommending West Coast Converters (some customers have used these and really like them). Both are good converters for the $$$.
Let me know, this trans is ready to go.
Brian

I run one of Brian's trannys & love it. Over 300 passes last year.

John,
No one believes me when I tell them all those passes were just in one year! :eek:
Many people also can`t believe a 2004R will go 300 passes in a low/mid 10 second car anyway!
Talk to you later...Thanks for your support and kind words.
Brian

As soon as my trannys go, I'm going with one of Brians. All I hear are how good they are. Hope he still building them. BTW, I was looking back at some GSXtras and saw your car in there in a 2000 issue.

Jason,
I will be here for you buddy!

That seems like forever ago when that article was out.
I wish I had some of the money for parts spent since then!:rolleyes:

Brian

Back