You can type here any text you want

stripped o2 bung

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GPZ406

Is there any way to repair it?What is the thread pitch/hole diameter??I`m using a FAST B to B,only thing keeping me from firing a new engine, any help is appreciated!

Heli coil makes a thread repair i have,Costs around 100 bucks but comes with 24 coils.
Did a car at BPG yesterday and it worked out awesome

motordoctor40 said:
summit sells new bungs drill a hole and weld it on

It's the same size as a Spark plug, I use a sprark plug extender and saw the bottom off 2 for $5 rather than $30 each.

18 mm diameter with a 1.5 mm thread pitch. Same as an 18 mm spark plug. You can buy an 18 mm jam nut for $.25 at a fastener store that will do the job.

Thanks guys,just ordered a 18/1.5mm heli-coil insert kit.My headers were just coated so I`ll try this before I install a new bung.I think the abrasive pellets in the machine they use to polish the ceramic knocked down the threads since the sensor unscrewed normally.Got a little ghetto today and hose clamped a quarter over the bung to start it and check the motor for leaks!

Back