You can type here any text you want

Strut tower brace

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Had one for years, I'm using the Hotchkis unit I purchased from Lingenfelter back in '97. Works well, it realy ties up the front end but then leaves you wanting sub frame connectors. The first thing I noticed was that it got rid of a good amount of understeer (push) without re alignment. Down side is you will have to put holes in the tower. With me I see it as a benefit and improvement to the vehicle and makes it that much better to drive. But my car has 56k on it and a purist would balk at the idea of putting a hole in the car, and probably tell me I was nuts for drilling into a collectible automobile!

TTA 1077 said:
Had one for years, I'm using the Hotchkis unit I purchased from Lingenfelter back in '97. Works well, it realy ties up the front end but then leaves you wanting sub frame connectors. The first thing I noticed was that it got rid of a good amount of understeer (push) without re alignment. Down side is you will have to put holes in the tower. With me I see it as a benefit and improvement to the vehicle and makes it that much better to drive. But my car has 56k on it and a purist would balk at the idea of putting a hole in the car, and probably tell me I was nuts for drilling into a collectible automobile!

that's odd most use the stock mounting studs on the struts that way it ties the 2 front struts together and making it so the mounts don't flex at all.

Have a link to one Jared? All the ones I have seen have been a bolt in one where you have to drill holes. I bought the Kenny Brown one awhile back but took it back as it just didnt fit right. Could have been the car though.

Jason

Quiky One said:
Have a link to one Jared? All the ones I have seen have been a bolt in one where you have to drill holes. I bought the Kenny Brown one awhile back but took it back as it just didnt fit right. Could have been the car though.

Jason

Well it looks like you're for the most part right. I found a design on Thirdgen.org that someone used to make that didn't require drilling but he no longer makes them. There's some pictures in this thread http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/s...race-without.html?highlight=strut+tower+brace . I'm gunna talk to one of the local guys who makes his own suspension components on his 9 sec Starfire (Canadian Monza). Maybe I'll see if we can make like 5 of them that I'll sell to the TTA guys and make sure it clears our plenum, TB, or uppipe.

72firebird said:
Well it looks like you're for the most part right. I found a design on Thirdgen.org that someone used to make that didn't require drilling but he no longer makes them. There's some pictures in this thread http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/s...race-without.html?highlight=strut+tower+brace . I'm gunna talk to one of the local guys who makes his own suspension components on his 9 sec Starfire (Canadian Monza). Maybe I'll see if we can make like 5 of them that I'll sell to the TTA guys and make sure it clears our plenum, TB, or uppipe.
What can I say, I'm always right :eek: j/k....I wonder if the reason the KB strut tower brace didn't fit my car was because my strut towers are torqued. Is that possible? I highly doubt it but you never know.

Thanks Jason

Yeah I have a 3" up pipe with the RJC power plate so I dunno if any of them will fit. Also I'm sure most of us TTA owners don't want to have to drill any holes especially in an area like the strut perches where it's easily seen.

72firebird said:
Yeah I have a 3" up pipe with the RJC power plate so I dunno if any of them will fit. Also I'm sure most of us TTA owners don't want to have to drill any holes especially in an area like the strut perches where it's easily seen.

I wouldn't drill holes into ANY cars strut towers. The towers take on very high loads, and to comprimise it by putting holes in it seems foolish.

Back