You can type here any text you want

Stumble while cruising and light acceleration

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Had a friend show up yesterday with this problem. He's has been trying to figure it out for couple weeks. Car has lots of nice mods and has won several car shows.

Stock ecm with a Gen2 translator. Mild built engine, Roller cam, couple caps, pistons yatta, yatta, yatta.

So the owner goes on to tell me about this problem and how he went through all the things he could think of and had exhausted all options.

First thing I do is remove the cam sensor cap and check the wheel for play. Sure enough it was sloppy but was coming from down below. I pull the sensor to investigate. Low and behold half the roll pin in the gear was gone allowing it to move.

Replaced the cam sensor, problem solved. Stumble is gone.:D

Hopefully this will help others who are experiencing the same issue.

Rick

That it will. Years ago while waiting on a new cap, I used to have to start the car, unplug the sensor, and drive it like that.

I wonder where the other half of that roll pin finally ended up and in how many pieces?

after this much time It's probably laying in the bottom of the pan. If it makes it's way to the timing cover, you'll know it!

Half the pin was still in. Other half I'm sure is in the pan. The pin had split long ways.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not to long ago i was setting a cam sensor , when i pulled sensor up i heard something drop to make story short found out oil pump shaft had a broken fork.

Back