You can type here any text you want

Sub-frame connectors...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

macatoni

Buick Powered
Which subframe connectors should i go with to clear the 3inch THDP and also not sacrafice to much ground clearance?

David

Been discussed many times. Search for this topic and there is a wealth of information.

What TT/Ameasap said...

But SouthSide Machine is what lots of people run. You may have to cut and reweld your downpipe if you have a THDP.

Southside is no longer in business. You can go with Global West or some of the other that Summit Racing sales. And you will have to cut a section out and re-weld downpipe where it makes it's outward turn.

I went with Spohn and have been happy so far. One added benefit is they provide an easy to reach jack point. No matter who you go with you'll probably have to do some manipulation. That said, I have a 3" downpipe and mine fit fine. Better have a professional do the welding, the metal under our cars is very delicate.

If you want your THDP hanging below your sub-frame connectors and it does'nt bother you then you will not have to section THDP. But if you would like it to the inside of your sub-frame connectors then you will have to section pipe no matter what sub-frame connectors you buy. Thats just how it is. ;) I've got Global west, and they fit perfect. Weld them on both ends then stitch weld them every 2 inches. Did not even have to pull carpet up. And this is an 18,000 mile car. And I did section my THDP it looks much better and gives more ground clearence. Exactly 1 1/2 removed but look first I'm sure this can vary.

I had my THDP sectioned to move it inwards when I had my custom SFC's installed (Sphon style size and fitting) and have no clearance issues at all. They removed about 2" roughly.

Back