You can type here any text you want

Sub Woofer Box Pics, LETS SEE 'EM!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
come on guys myself and I'm sure many others are curious to see what some of our options are for putting some "bump in the trunk" ............( Besides AudioWizards nice setup) :-) I curently have 2 10'' JL W3 10's in a factory Pro Wedge box that JL makes and it is a perfect fit. I want to put my two MTX 8000 12's in the same spot, lets see some pics of a 2 12's set up......

I just built a box for my 12s last night. Not much to look at but the box dimensions are:

41 long,
12.5 high
9.5 deep

Box is divided in the center. Built it this way to retain the stock torsion springs (for the trunk)

displacement is 1.13 per woofer. on the small side but my woofers (a/d/s 12s) should work fine AND it was very impotant to me that the box not over hang the trunk opening lip.

The plan is to slide it in as far as it can go, facing forward, then box it in to seal it to the cab area.

Unfortunatly, this size of box eliminates the rear 4x10s. I plan on running 2 4" mids in the rear and they should fit just fine. (rear ambient fill only).

Some day I shall post pics when done.

I plan on running 2 4" mids in the rear and they should fit just fine. (rear ambient fill only).
Zam, that's what I did and it works very well. I built tiny pods just big enough for the speaker using 4" PVC pipe to enclose the back of them. Helps keep the pressure from the woofs getting to them.

Back