You can type here any text you want

Subwoofer Box

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I made mine

I made a box to fit under the rear widow in the trunk. Fits like a glove!

Evaddave

Attachments

• 100_1176.JPG
    100_1176.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 384
You think its possible to give us the dimensions of that box, angles etc for construction, im thinking of building a box for my car and want something i know will fit, and work...im assuming those are tens right?

Thanks,
Jason

Yes, tens

I think I may have the demnsions os the box saved but i will have to check. I remember that 12" speakers where to big. With the ten i was still able to use the rear 4/10's aswell.

If i can't find the spec's on the box I will take some rough measurements and get them to you. But it won't be until sometime this weekend. Since the box is bolted in and I have to remove the amp board to get to it. I was planning on making it more pleasing to the eye anyway. (see pic.)

Evaddave

Attachments

• 100_1209.JPG
    100_1209.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 372
The box dimensions will depend on the choice of woofer. I've done everything from 8's to 15's in the trunk of a G body.
John

Rear Speakers

Where can I buy the read hangers for the 4 X 10 or should I buy the adaptor for the 6 x 9s

Thanks Patrick

Where can I buy the read hangers for the 4 X 10 or should I buy the adaptor for the 6 x 9s

Thanks Patrick

I'd see if anyone parting out a car on here is willing to sell them to you. I just removed my rear speakers all together since I just put in some nice components up front and a sub in the trunk.

13.5" Tall, 19" Wide, 12" Deep fits inbetween the 6x9s in a Regal. Its about 1.25 cuft^3, and works well for a typical 10" or 12" sub. HTH........

Evaddave 87gn, why did you face your subs that way? Is it up and running? How does it sound? Ive always pointed my subs toward the trunk..... always seemed to get more output that way. Just curious............

My Setup as of last week....... currently ditching the 12" in sealed box for 10" in 1.25 Cuft^3 Slot Ported Enclosure tuned to 38hz.:D Hope to get more output out of the vented enclosure.......

img0080wy8.jpg

Not going for the biggest boom

In my last regal I had a set up just like you do, and I hated the vibration in the trunk. I realize that the frequency is so low that direction is not that important. However, I have found that pointing the sub directly into the car I seem to get a crisper sound. (the music i listen to does not have to much of that driving bass as say rap.) The other reason: In the last Buick someone popped my trunk and just unscrewed my subs, and amps, and walked away. When i built this I had the intention of hiding all the components. But I am still not done with all the cosmetic work. It still looks a little rough.

Evaddave

not much space left in my trunk..

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 326
New setup complete as of last night........ single 10" Rockford Fosgate Power T1 sub in a slot ported 1.25 cuft^3 enclosure tuned to 38hz......

dsc00898vm2.jpg

Yeah, its 2x louder than the 12" in a sealed box...... WOW:eek: I cant believe it.

PS- EDIT: I stated 13.5" enclosure height on our buicks, its 13.25" TALL! Just for the record, I goofed! SORRY

Nice. Tuned a bit high for me. I like mine tuned down around 32 Hz to play those low notes.;)
John

Back