You can type here any text you want

Sumitomo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnx139

I am limited with tire size for my gnX wheels. 16 x 8. 255's is about as big as I can find for the rear. Only a few make 255's. Anyone have good things to say about Sumitomo tires. They have a HTR Z model in 255's and 245's which is what I need. Also, what about BFG g-force sport in 255's. It is not a KDW model. It is listed as a sport model in 255 and 245. Are these as good as the KDW's.

Sumitomo HTR Z IIs are what came on my wheels when I bought them. They're pretty decent. The original HTR Zs don't seem to have too sporty of a tread pattern, but looks like they'd be decent.

http://adaptivestrategies.com/sumitomo-HTR-Z.jpg

Those are the tires I have. I've never been able to break them loose on dry pavement (275s in the rear), BUT I was quite surprised one day after a light rain shower how easily they gave out in the rain. Take that for what it's worth. Based on their description of my tires on their website, I would have thought they'd stick better in the rain too.

I was a bit cautious about a name like "Sumitomo" when I saw them on my wheels too, but at this point I have no reason to believe that they are of any less quality than anything else.

If I were you I might go with the BFGs though. Before I found the wheels that I bought, which already came with tires, I was planning on buying rims by themselves and those BFGs were what I planned on using. If there isn't too much of a price difference, I'd go with those. But if they cost a lot more than the Sumitomo's, as I said, I think both are decent quality.

I have a set on my Cutlass, 315's on the rear and they seem pretty decent. The tread compound may be a little soft so I think they wear a little faster than most. They do seem to hook better than the Nitto's I had before of course they were only 225's. I like how they ride.

No problems here

I have 245/45/17s and 255/45/17 and they are pretty decent tires. I wouldn't expect them to compare with a high dollar tire but at under 100 bucks a pop they're an excellent value.

Thanks for the input! I am not a tire expert. How about the G-force "sport? And where did one of you find the 275's for the rear? I can't find that size anywhere in a 16" wheel. I'd like to put 275's in the rear of the gnX.

Back