summit racing 8pt cage

if you weld it to the floor of the car its a waste of money. IF you want to be nhra legal on a full frame car it must be welded to the frame. uni body like a mustang can be welded to the floor but not a full frame car. it doesnt have to go through the frame though hope that clears it up for ya BIGPSI

I thought he was referring to where on the frame the bar has to be welded to (not the floor). Some people weld to the top of the frame and others cut a hole in the top of the frame and slide the bar through the hole and weld at the bottom for more strength. If the cage is too tall, it won't fit if you place on top, but it looks like there is room from the responses.

For my cage, they welded to the top but I had them box the frame in.

thanks for the link.yea thats what i meant was making a hole in the frame and sliding the bar down into it,or just weld it to the top of the frame.

Just make sure the cage you get fits high and tight to the roof line. You don't want to be miserable while driving ;) remember it's permanent until you cut it out. :D

8pt cage

I got mine from murrey's speedshop in orlando,fl for 200.00 with free shipping and was made by competition engineering.My body man is a custom fabricator for pro mods and racecars,so I won't have any problems with installation.I got the rear bars to go in the corner of the seats instead of through speaker holes to retain use of back seat.