You can type here any text you want

Supra went down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T'squick6

Three weekends after getting my 87 Grand National back from a engine rebuild, new turbo and torque convertor i was cruising the steets to see watch she'd do. Where I live its like import heaven and the king is a 94 Toyota Supra that everybody is scared to race, so he just sits at the gas station over looking the local drag strip. I was looking for a challange after waisting about 4 or 5 civics and 2 stangs. When i was getting ready to head home i saw the supra pull out of the parking lot it stays at most of the time and slowed down to let him catch up with me. We drove through a couple of lights before we got one that turned red. I let him hear my T-62 turbo spool with one good rev and the rumble of my Cottons 3inch SS exhaust. He got the message as he rolled his window down and said what the hell i was revving at. I told him that i was gonna be his worst nightmare and he said we'll see. I rolled my window up and built 4 pounds of boost. The light turned green and i pulled ahead about 2 car lengths before the next light caught us. The Supra was pretty upset since he cracked a bunch of high revs. The light where we were at didnt have more lights for a long way, so when the light turned green i had 3 pounds of boost built and i jumped ahead about a half a car length. The Supra held its own for split second before i flew to about 3 cars lengths ahead of him until I let off it. I saw the Supra pull a u-turn and head back the other way, so I turned around to see if he had something to say, but he turned around so he could get on the freeway so I didn't follow him. The next weekend I saw him sitting at the gas station so I let a couple of good turbo spools out as i drove by to let him know there was a new king in town.

87 Gn (T-62 turbo, precision 9.5 convertor, 42.5 Lucas injectors, Houston downpipe, Kenne Bell fuel regulator and other fuel mods, Cotton's SS exhaust and lots more

:D

hehe very cool kill man...gotta watch those supras though, you never know what they have done to it...but then again, nobody can ever tell a completely stock GN from a 9 second one either:D :D :D

sweet kill man. some supra owners are cool guys, but than again some are really cocky rich punkasses. they just dont get that turbo buicks share alot of the same benafits they do, but with 1/3 of the cost! a supra turbo upgrade is like 3 grand!!!!!! exaust is 600 ??? WTF???? any ways good job man

Great Kill!!

Nice kill! Always cool to see GM muscle smack down jap cars. I don’t really like Supras or their owners (for the most part). Sure, the motor has great potential, but the body of the car is just butt ugly.

Then again, most Supra guys call us LS1 guys arrogant asses too, so I guess there is good and bad in all groups.

Nice kill......Gotta watch Supra's....

A local around me has one, and he and I have ran before.....

From what I have noticed Supras are not very strong off the line (or maybe the owners have some problem letting the clutch out too fast)....they seem like they are hard to control...but once get get going on the open road 70+mph...they FLY!

So if your gonna race a Supra...Get a good launch...or else...watch him on the top end!

Thanks for the replys guys. I got plenty of stories, but not enough time to write them all. I'll write another later tonight about a really bad race with a friend of mine and a NSX.

Stay tuned:cool: :cool: :cool:

Awsome kill on the Supra. Hail to the new king. ;)

And dont worry if you lost to the NSX:

1.) It's still an exotic.

2.) It's got at least 300 hp in a 2300 lb car.

Gotta admit, we cant beat 'em all. We already captured the Vette and the Viper, I think a couple different Porsches.. we're workin on the exotics slowly. But the Acura NSX is quick, theres one around here I see all the time. Too lightweight. Anyways, great kill!!

My friend didn't loose to the NSX. He has a stage two 4.1 engine and that thing isn't really street legal, but one night we said the hell with it. So we fired her up and took her out and we ran into this really nice NSX that was driven by an Acura dealer in town and he also had a 86 T-type so he was cool. He ask to race her and we knew we'd win so he pulled out onto the street and did a really good burnout so my friend kale did the same. When the light turned green the Acura took off so Kale waited and gave him a good 8 cars lengths and launched which pulled the wheels off the ground and blew by him in no time. The acura must have been watching us because when in turned around in my seat he had jumped the curb and ran into a gaurdrail which totaled the NSX and lost him is job

Not cool

Oh my god.. heheh. That's called "Keep your eyes on the road, especially while racing.." That sucks.

Originally posted by T'squick6
Where I live its like import heaven and the king is a 94 Toyota Supra that everybody is scared to race, so he just sits at the gas station over looking the local drag strip.

Where do you live? And did that Supra have anything done to it?

The Supra i raced had an exhaust some suspension work and I heard it had a single turbo conversion, but i don't know what kind turbo. I also live in Hickory, North Carolina which is about 30 to 45 minutes away from Charlotte. i aslo heard the supra ran 7.30 in the eighth but i didn't see it so i really dont know.

a supra with single turbo conversion would be a BPU+++ or an APU. Most likely its a 10 second car if built right. 7.3 seconds in the 1/8 for a single turbo 94 supra is horrible. He should be in the 6 second range. He may have been on street tires though. Check out theses supras beating the **** out of nitrous fed vipers and stuff....

www.christurner.net/supra

Down at the very bottom there is a Supra BPU++ vs. supercharged Maxima vs. Grand National. I haven't seen it yet. Who wins?

Joel

Hey Joel, that's a pretty cool site, lotsa decent videos. Those guys are pretty nuts though racing like that on what appears to be a sorta crowded street.
That GN owner should've known better than to mess with a Supra from a roll, I must say.

Hail The New King!!

Very Very Cool Kill.

Hey would one of you guys take a trip to my town and take out this new Viper thats been around?

I would but I don't even have a built engine to stick in my Regal yet!

Originally posted by Weazel
Hey Joel, that's a pretty cool site, lotsa decent videos. Those guys are pretty nuts though racing like that on what appears to be a sorta crowded street.
That GN owner should've known better than to mess with a Supra from a roll, I must say.

Yeah, that site is awesome. Its almost like a never ending download stream for me at school on the T3 connection. Here at home, I don't bother downloading them on my dialup. Did you check out the one where the supra races the 300shot nitrous Viper? This is a cool race. Those cars are among the fastest street cars i've seen. You've got a Viper pushing at least 750HP and a Supra with a T88 single turbo with about 800HP. Very VERY impressive.

BTW - Thanks alot for spoiling the suprise of the Supra vs. GN! :D hehe. I gotta download that one tomorrow at school.

Joel

The next weekend I saw him sitting at the gas station so I let a couple of good turbo

Nice to see GMs taking back the streets :D :cool:

Originally posted by Weazel

yeah...but racing from a roll is pointless...real racers race from a dead stop :D

Originally posted by d0n_3d
yeah...but racing from a roll is pointless...real racers race from a dead stop :D

Damn right! I hate when people try to race from a roll. Its stupid. There is more driver skill involved when going from a launch.....unless you have an all-wheel drive car like a Subaru WRX, 3000GT VR4 or Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Just rev to 6000RPM and dump the clutch. Those are the cars you DEFINATELY want race from a roll with.

Joel

boy that drug money goes far huh? 700-800 hp supra's and vipers! yikes! gotta stay away from those big cities!

Back