You can type here any text you want

Suspension dilemas

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
Now the new rims are on. I have a dse 2" drop kit to go on front and rear. I think fronts will be ok but the rears probaly not. I dont want to trim or roll anything just yet. Whats my next option. Was looking at qa1 adjustables or coil overs. I am looking for the body to not sit too high off rear wheel but dont want it to keep rubbing either. this is 100% street car w nyc potholes:(. Any ideas or suggestions would b great

Now the new rims are on. I have a dse 2" drop kit to go on front and rear. I think fronts will be ok but the rears probaly not. I dont want to trim or roll anything just yet. Whats my next option. Was looking at qa1 adjustables or coil overs. I am looking for the body to not sit too high off rear wheel but dont want it to keep rubbing either. this is 100% street car w nyc potholes:(. Any ideas or suggestions would b great
Just seen your other thread where it has pictures of the new wheels and I think with that wheel choice and only a 4" back spacing the wheels will most likely rub with the DSE drop springs & shocks! I would have at least went with a 4.5" - 4.75" back spacing to bring the wheel & tire in a bit from the fender lip.

Coil overs will work great for adjusting & lowering to the spot you like so it don't rub..but from the looks of the pictures that isn't much room..

Well what are my options? I mean if coilovers were a guarntee id do it. I know nothing is 100% but id hate to drop more money on semi maybes.. should I just go to stock setup w bags?

Well what are my options? I mean if coilovers were a guarntee id do it. I know nothing is 100% but id hate to drop more money on semi maybes.. should I just go to stock setup w bags?
That's One option! It's tough now since you did the wheels first Before the suspension now you have to work around the wheel size. Normally the suspension is done first and then the wheels & tires are sized properly to the car's new ride height. There really is no way around it if you want to run a large Drag Radial & lower the car without rubbing, the wheel will have to come in some.

Options:
A) Leave the car like it is
B) Get new wheels with different BS
C) Roll wheel well lips at least and install DSE drop system to see where it sits
D) Go to a low profile tire instead of the large drag radial, this will allow you a Bunch more room

20130508_174658.jpg

Thx for all the input. I guess I did this ass backwards. Ahh well. In this pic the pass side is way worse than driver but I do like that stance. Is there a definite way besides trimming to stop the rub at this point. I mean even if I dont use dse drop setup I can always put them on the next project.

You could rent the fender roller that's for rent on here. I know you said you didn't want to trim or roll anything but rolling the lip is a little less permanent. You could also remove your wheel well trim. could help.

Back