You can type here any text you want

suspension tightening/torque questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blown okie

Chuck Norris Approved
trying to make some changes to the car to get it setup as an NHRA stock eliminator car... changing back to the stock springs.. other suspension mods in my sig... what experience does anybody have with the tightening/ torque specs on the front upper/ lower control arm & also the rears in relation to freedom of movement & its effect on suspension articulation/movement/reaction time to movement.... when i threw this car together before i just tightened the hell outta things & didn't think about it.. & i'm familiar with some of the tricks the were done back in the day in the this type of racing & looking for any input ( not necessarily on Buicks but gm cars)... TIA:)

i know there are things you can do with rubber bushings to get them to have less resistance to movement, but upgrading to poly, delrin, or solid bushings would be an easy upgrade and i think even be considered legal..

Back