You can type here any text you want

Suspension upgrades

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Marc87GN

Maybe I was just slow at getting to this but I just installed new Bilstein shocks and the Kirban front brace(all 3 pieces) and the car feels like it is ready for a road course. I can't believe how stiff the ride is. It's almost scary. The old shocks I could easily push in with my hands. I can't imagine what the car would feel like with all front and rear poly bushings.

Anyway, I have the behind the seat braces to do last. How much of a difference will I feel with the behind the seat braces?

Originally posted by Marc87GN
Anyway, I have the behind the seat braces to do last. How much of a difference will I feel with the behind the seat braces?

You'll definetly notice them, like pulling onto an uneven driveway.

Now just replace (and install the missing one) body bushings, and you'll know what a GN should feel like..

Re: Re: Suspension upgrades

Originally posted by bruce
You'll definetly notice them, like pulling onto an uneven driveway.

Now just replace (and install the missing one) body bushings, and you'll know what a GN should feel like..

I actually installed the 6 missing bushings a few months ago. Thanks for the response.

Marc

These cars get a bad rap for handling when in reality it takes very little to make them handle. With just my 17s rear seat brace kit and ATR bar in the rear with good rear lower control arms it handles almost comparable to my sisters 00 Z. I did rebuild my front suspension with all moog parts. I still have a lot of room to improve as i have the 18 year old stock shocks in there lol. I can't wait for the bilsteins.

Originally posted by JDSfastGN
These cars get a bad rap for handling when in reality it takes very little to make them handle. With just my 17s rear seat brace kit and ATR bar in the rear with good rear lower control arms it handles almost comparable to my sisters 00 Z. I did rebuild my front suspension with all moog parts. I still have a lot of room to improve as i have the 18 year old stock shocks in there lol. I can't wait for the bilsteins.

Although I have only had them in for a few hours, the Bilsteins are awesome and the price I found couldn't be beat. The front brace is incredible and the car barely leaned on a hard turn. I'm sure I will be real happy with the rear Brace as well. Next for me are 3 gauges. I have the full A-pillar piece, now I just need to fill them with gauges.

www.shox.com is awesome for shocks

Front brace installation

Marc87GN said:
Although I have only had them in for a few hours, the Bilsteins are awesome and the price I found couldn't be beat. The front brace is incredible and the car barely leaned on a hard turn. I'm sure I will be real happy with the rear Brace as well. Next for me are 3 gauges. I have the full A-pillar piece, now I just need to fill them with gauges.

www.shox.com is awesome for shocks
Can you tell me how to install that front brace? Do you happen to have a picture of how/exactly where it goes? Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc87GN said:

Figure on doing them all.
It all adds up to making a car that feels secure to drive.
Once you get the braces on, then do the body bushings.

Could someone link me to where I can purchase the afore mentioned braces, thanks.

Back