You can type here any text you want

suspension

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Frank718

Buick t type
Just need some advice on some thing that would make my car handle better thank.

Good shocks (gas)
Good springs
Boxed (maybe tubular) rear control arms <--big thing here.

The rear control arms made a world of difference in our 87. I did the rear before rebuilding the front and I noticed an immediate and drastic improvement in ride and handling.

Bilsteins-all 4 corners
install factory rubber missing #'s 3 & 4 lower body bushings, & #7 if necessary.
install GNX upper body bushings
Kirban's stock height stiffer front & rear springs
Kirban's rear seat and front frame brace (ties the frame rails together) & the triangular ones also
BMR's tubular upper fully adjustable control arms, spherical bearings on the frame side and factory or 1LE hard rubber bushings at the pumpkin side
Global West's tubular lower control arms, spherical bearings at the frame side & Del-A-Lum's bushings at the rear
Global West 1" rear sway bar or Full Throttle Speed & Style's 1 3/8" rear sway bar
GTA 16" by 8" rims & michelin pilot sport
-----------------------------
Haven't done the front end yet, but it's in the works, along with good Baer discs on all 4 corners. Savitske Pole Position uppers & anything else that I can beg, borrow, and/or steal money for. All this on a 19K mile turbo Buick.
I am actually afraid to sit down and add up what I have in this stupid car.

damn Gary

Wells said:
Bilsteins-all 4 corners
install factory rubber missing #'s 3 & 4 lower body bushings, & #7 if necessary.
Kirban's rear seat and front frame brace (ties the frame rails together) & the triangular ones also
BMR's tubular upper fully adjustable control arms, spherical bearings on the frame side and factory or 1LE hard rubber bushings at the pumpkin side
Global West's tubular lower control arms, spherical bearings at the frame side & Del-A-Lum's bushings at the rear
Global West 1" rear sway bar or Full Throttle Speed & Style's 1 3/8" rear sway bar
GTA 16" by 8" rims & michelin pilot sport
-----------------------------
Haven't done the front end yet, but it's in the works, along with good Baer discs on all 4 corners. Savitske Pole Position uppers & anything else that I can beg, borrow, and/or steal money for. All this on a 19K mile turbo Buick.
what, did you dwell on that until somebody asked :eek: you would be the donut king then :D

Wells said:
I second that. But I already had the extra bushings (xcept the GNX ones) from the fcty. I have Kirbans springs and braces as well.

Wells said:
I wouldn't recommend that. :biggrin:

zeus87gn said:
I second that. But I already had the extra bushings (xcept the GNX ones) from the fcty. I have Kirbans springs and braces as well. I wouldn't recommend that. :biggrin:
--------------------------------
Are you sure that you already have the extra bushings from the factory?
I thought that I read somewhere that none of the cars came with the #'s 3 & 4 lower bushings or the #'s 4 & 5 lower bushings. Those were not part of the planned build for either the Regal line or the turbo Buicks. I have had 5 of these cars and none of them had the bushings when I bought the car, including 2 extremely low mileage (8300 miles and 10,200 miles). Adding the GNX bushings will definitely stiffen the body to frame variation, but not necessarily to a measurable degree.
And on another note regarding my suspension set-up, I just had my 1.00" dia. Global West rear anti-sway bar removed and had the 1 3/8" Full Throttle Speed & Style bar installed, and the car corners much flatter now. I had a tad more body roll in tight corners coming from the rear sway bar, and now with the bigger rear sway bar, virtually no more body roll in tight corners.
I think now I am ready for the Savitske Street Comp II package and maybe look into C5 corvette discs on the front.

Wells said:
Are you sure that you already have the extra bushings from the factory?
I thought that I read somewhere that none of the cars came with the #'s 3 & 4 lower bushings or the #'s 4 & 5 lower bushings. Those were not part of the planned build for either the Regal line or the turbo Buicks. I have had 5 of these cars and none of them had the bushings when I bought the car, including 2 extremely low mileage (8300 miles and 10,200 miles). Adding the GNX bushings will definitely stiffen the body to frame variation, but not necessarily to a measurable degree.
The lower bushings I'n not really sure. The bolts are in place and judging from the gap it appears the lower bushing are now non-existant. The upper halves for all but the GNX bushings are there.

Back