You can type here any text you want

sway bar bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello ladies and gents: I've put urethane SB bushing in the cars I've owned but do you think they last as long as stock?
Last summer my TB needed them (and they where not that old) now my van needs them again. I think this is the forth pr. on the van. I get the ones they sell at like an Auto zone for like $20.00. The bushing has enough play in them so you can take the SB and move it around and you can here it while driving.
I wonder if there such a thing as a lower quality (poly?)urethane bushing?
IBBY

hello ladies and gents: I've put urethane SB bushing in the cars I've owned but do you think they last as long as stock?
Last summer my TB needed them (and they where not that old) now my van needs them again. I think this is the forth pr. on the van. I get the ones they sell at like an Auto zone for like $20.00. The bushing has enough play in them so you can take the SB and move it around and you can here it while driving.
I wonder if there such a thing as a lower quality (poly?)urethane bushing?
IBBY

There used to be a bumper sticker on vans back in the 70's that said - "If this van's a rockin', don't come a knockin'." That could be your problem with your van - too much rockin motion...

Seriously, are you putting torque to the end links when the suspension is loaded? If you are tightening them down right they should last just as long, if not longer, than the rubber ones.

If they are moving around enough you can hear them when you are driving, they are either very, very loose, or the wrong ones. As already mentioned, make sure you are tightening them with the car sitting on its tires (drive it up on some blocks so you have room to get underneath it).

I try to go with "Moog Problem Solver" parts for stuff like this. It is a rubber nearly as hard as poly, but without the squeaks that poly can cause.

Back