Sway bar selecting

Spdrcer34

I currently have the 1.26" sway bar on my Cutlass. I am looking to drop some weight off the front of the car. So I am looking for a Hollow sway bar. I have also just added changed over to a taller spindle, and 1LE brakes. I have Edelbrock IAS shocks, and Edelbrock/Eibach Springs.

Which sway bar should I go with.

In the rear, I don't know if I'm gonna install the ATR (1 3/8" )or BMR (1.5" ) bar

Ryan

{Crickets Chirp}

Will I have to go to a 36mm Hollow bar to get as much stiffness as my 1.26 (32mm) Solid bar? Do you think I should get a 34mm hollow bar instead?

Ryan

FRONT SWAY BARS - Most NA Regals have tiny, 25mm, front sway bars. Finding a larger 31mm bar on a G-body in the junkyard is easy. You will just need new bushing and end links. The next step is finding a 36mm hallow bar from a 3rd genration Camaro/Firebird. It will bolt right in.

REAR SWAY BARS - Most NA Regals didn't come with rear sway bars. Finding a rear bar on a G-body in the junkyard is easy (sound familiar?). The largest is 22mm. Don't forget to get the mounting shims from within the lower control arms.

Thanks for the reply.

But that wasn't my question.

My question(s) is/are:

Since I have done the Tall Spindle/1LE upgrade, which HOLLOW front swaybar should I use? I know alot of you are using the 36mm one, but do I REALLY need one that big with the tall(er) spindles? Should I get the 34mm, and test it? Or should I go straight to a 36mm?

Depending on my FRONT bar selection, should I get the ATR, or BMR rear swaybar?

Ryan

Ryan,
FWIW, I'm running the 36mm unit with the B spidles and some stiffer springs and like it. IIRC its about the stiffness as the solid 32mm bars. The change in weight was noticable when I was putting it on, and I was even taking off the base model front swaybar (tiny). I'm running a stock rear sway bar, so I can't help you there.