You can type here any text you want

QA1 Front Sway Bar and PTE SLIC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jonasterg

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Thinking about upgrading my front sway bar, it's currently stock. I have a PTE SLIC on the car. Is anyone running the QA1 bar with that intercooler? Any fitment issues?

Thanks.

I take it you’re looking at the 1 3/8” dia. hollow bar?
The stock bar is 1 1/4”.
1 3/8” - 1 1/4” divided by 2 = 1/16”

The 1 3/8” bar will be 1/16” closer to the intercooler. I would think there would be room. Maybe slide the new bar forward a shade when tightening up the mid section bushings, most mounting clamps are slotted. I would put some washer over the slots for better support.

I’m going with that same bar, it will be a bit of a challenge with any stretched SLIC due to finagling the sway bar in and around the longer shroud/ scoop.
I wouldn’t think trimming the shroud would be necessary either, but shouldn’t be hard if if we have to.

Gotcha, thanks. I have QA1 control arms and coilovers up front, if I can get the sway bar to fit too then it should be a nice package. Guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I used to run the GM F body 34mm hollow sway bar with my Precision SLIC.
Due to its larger diameter , but mostly the curving shape of the bar vs the stock seat bar, I needed to notch my aluminum shroud & make up 2 new aluminum plates to close in the shroud.
The other thing I had to do was install a washer behind the passenger side intercooler support bracket . Needed to do this to kick out the intercooler a tad at the bottom in order for the sway bars articulation to be able to clear the meter cooler shroud. Additionally this made needing to run a longer throttle body to intercooler connecting hose as it pulled it further away. Think I used a 3” long silicone hose.
Was a pain in the arse dealing with it , got so tired of it that I put the stick front sway bar back on the car & returned the stock intercooler shroud side plates back on

Back