You can type here any text you want

Switches

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nwarky

What have you guys done for switches on the TTA. I can't figure anything out. Any ideas and pics are appreciated.

Switches.. what ya talking bout???

Ya mean for the hydraulics system? :eek:

More specific plez :D

I know some people removed the ashtray on the center console and mounted a plate with switches there. Stealth looking and you don't have to drill anyholes etc and it's all covered by the "lid" as well.

I have switches under dash above left knee. I will make a switch panel out of aluminum for the ashtray soon as I get settled in the new shop. That seems like the way to go(stealth looking).

I think you can wire up the switches on the dash (rear dif., fog) like a fan or TCC switch.

HTH
Bo

I think I'm going to put the switches in the ashtray. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ashtray works perferct, one 3 position toggle for the TCC and fan.
Also have a toggle for the fuel pump next to the fuses.

I wanted something that looked like Pontiac created the setup. So I picked up a instrument cluster bezel from a 85-88 Trans Am/GTA. This bezel has an extra hole cut in it for the subwoofer gain switch is to the left of the rear hatch switch. It is the same size switch hole to hold the fog lamp switch. The fog lamp switch will display a color for when it is active. I will wire it to lock the converter.

I am looking at how to change the icon in the fog lamp switch to something a little different to match the locking of the converter.

I will display some pictures when it is done.

My fan switch was wired in the car by the previous owner. See this page link. http://home.comcast.net/~tta1456/fanmod.htm

- Dave

91/92 had a pod to the right of the steering wheel with two switches may wanna look into that.

The 90 - 92 parts wont fit unless you change the whole dash over, I've tried this in my 84 Firebird where I installed the 86 dash etc and tried to install the 90 cluster surround and it wont fit as the actual dash for 90-92 is different from ours (mounting points).

Back