SY/Ty scan tools? and other parts?

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
Is there a scanmaster for syty's? What scan tools are there? Any good vendors besides raceprovenmotors.com? Thanks In Advance :biggrin:

You need an aldl cable and the software called datamaster. You can buy the cables for between $60-90 and th software is free for the first ten uses and maybe $50 to register after that. Go to TTS Power Systems to get the software. Mak sure you buy an aldl cable that has a usb end. Works much easier and better for your laptop.

like mentioned above Datamaster is the prefered method of data logging because of it's user friendly layout etc but there also is tunerpro which is free or you can donate but it datalogs and also allows you to make changes to your tune if you have the other equipment to do so.

TunerPro and TunerPro RT - Professional Automobile Tuning Software

also, the aldl cable i'd suggest if your laptop supports usb would be the one from moates.net.. i've used three cables and this one has been tops in my book. well worth the money after jerking around with the other two.

ALDU1 and CABL1 XtremeALDL and NewCABL1 Combo [ALDU1_CABL1] - $80.00 : Moates.Net

go to syty.net and look at the vendors section, there's more then just rpm to choose from but not like the buick community.

another route is one of those Actron OBDI scanners. I carry one as a backup. Only thing it does is flashes codes though. You can't log with it.