You can type here any text you want

Syclone vs 04 cobra

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hiwinds

It all started by my cell ringing. I answered and the guy on the other end in a calm voice asked "if I would be up for a little racing." To which I replied "sure" and asked why. He says there is a 04 cobra with d/r and nos wanting a good run. We follow jeff out to where the racing is going on and I thought I was in the middle of 3 fast 3 furious. Cars and people lining the road. Some guy on a bike doing endo's.
Anyway we pull up and they say that this kid has been talking a lot of trash and wanting something to beat him. Well I only had 1/4 tank of gas in the sy so I told them to let us go get some gas and I would run him. We go to the gas station and put 6 gallons of 93 in check the i/c connections and away we go. Pull back up and they say he is down at the starting line waiting for me. This guy asked if he could ride so I said sure. He probably weighted 250# hops in and we head for the line. When we get there the kid gets in his car and starts it up. Sounded nice he pulls up and does a burnout as I am setting there waiting then his friend said do another one as he backs up I said what the hell I'll clean the tires off also.
Back up pull it down in drive hit the gas then at 6psi I let off the brake and the truck bolts forward spinning all four. The croud at the starting line goes wild. He does another burnout and comes to the line ready to dish out another ass whooping. The flager points to him he nods then he points to me I go to about 35-40% throttle boost gauge reads 0 boost 0 vac. I nod The flag man drops his arms. Now for those who have never been in or seen a syclone set on kill launch on the street you cant appreciate what happened next. By the time the flagmans arms touch his side the cobra was seeing tailgate. The truck hooked like we were at the track. The boost went from 0 to 20 psi in the blink of an eye. I never spun a tire. And it wasnt just the holeshot I was pulling away the hole race. By the end I was at least 4 cars in front of him and gaining.
Go down and turn around and come back to a crowd of people wondering what just happened. And the usual questions about what was under the hood. Well this is what is under the hood. Stock 121000 mile 4.3,50#injectors,pt61,3"dp and ext., big fmic,ultimate chip,and lots of tunning.

geah!!! love awd launches do them in my buddy's typhoon,nothing like them!!!! i might call him now just to do one u got me pumped up..new cobra owners=cocky!! o ya srt guys too...good kill

it's just an S-10

a bad S-10. ;) ..my dad has one and it is all stock but man does it leave the line. i bet yours does haul a@@ with that 61 and fm. i wish he would mod his.i think i have him talked into alky injection though :) .............Bob

Alky is the way to go in a syty they are so prone to knock. I have a kit that I made myself. But I am going to give razor a call shortly.

Nice. :D
I know that I would think twice about racing a Sy/Ty in a street race.

good kill, i'm very surprised he didnt blow by you on the top end. jeez just a chip, pulley, exhaust, and the can hit 120 mph in the quarter. wonder why he needed to spray????

120 on the track is moving. Being able to do it on the street is a hole nother game. If you spin in first or second you just lost to a sy like mine on the street. By the time you get traction I am 3-4 length out on you and I can mph in the mid to high 1teens.

Back