You can type here any text you want

Sylvan Learning centers Has anyone used them?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I used them a few years ago with my youngest son. He fell behind on his reading skills. I don't know how they do what they do but they are incredible.
ALOT of one-on-one with your child. Go in and talk to them and ask how long they think your issue will take to get resolved. It is your choice to go forward or not. They try to hard sell you on the spot. I told them I do not ever make snap decisions like that for anything. My wife and I came home and discussed it and decided to try them. They do amazing work very quickly.
Yes ...they are expensive!!! If I remember right they were about $35.00 an hour but they charge you by the " session " which is like 6 weeks, 2 hours a day, 2-3 times a week. You do the math. Best money I spent for my child's education. If you can afford it, go for it. HTH

Bryan

I used them a few years ago with my youngest son. He fell behind on his reading skills. I don't know how they do what they do but they are incredible.
ALOT of one-on-one with your child. Go in and talk to them and ask how long they think your issue will take to get resolved. It is your choice to go forward or not. They try to hard sell you on the spot. I told them I do not ever make snap decisions like that for anything. My wife and I came home and discussed it and decided to try them. They do amazing work very quickly.
Yes ...they are expensive!!! If I remember right they were about $35.00 an hour but they charge you by the " session " which is like 6 weeks, 2 hours a day, 2-3 times a week. You do the math. Best money I spent for my child's education. If you can afford it, go for it. HTH

Couldn't have said it better. My daughter started school almost one whole year early due to the way her birthday fell, she really struggled the first couple of years afterwards. We enrolled her for the summer several years ago and the transformation was amazing. It was money well spent.

Dont know if this helps any:p but yrs ago i dated a chick that was in the family,,she was dumber than a box of rocks....

what about finding a teacher that does it on the side..

A cousin of mind was having a rough time in grade school. Couldn't read or do simple math problems in about the 3rd grade. My aunt and uncle sent him to one of these schools for a few years. Well, he just graduated college with an MBA degree. Took him 5 years to it. I guess it worked good for him:smile:

Dont know if this helps any:p but yrs ago i dated a chick that was in the family,,she was dumber than a box of rocks....

what about finding a teacher that does it on the side..

I would do that but they all want UNION PAY! :eek:

I have searched on CList but nobody wants to work. They must be all getting obama stimulus bucks.. I haven't seen any.. OH that is because I work to support others.

its funny you say that ,,I work 2 full time jobs (80hr) week and have searched Clist for a maid ,someone to finish my hardwood floors...build a shed... these people are all smoken fatties....

Has anyone here used them for tutoring your kids?

How where they?

Expensive?

How old are the kids and in what subjects?

When my son was in 2nd grade he was struggling in math. We enrolled him in Kumon and now he's nearly 2 years ahead of his grade level in math, 1.5 years later.

Back