You can type here any text you want

T-bird SuperCoupe

• Thread starter Thread starter GNeric
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

GNeric

On my way back to work after lunch, I was traveling along Main St. and was a good mile from work when a Super Chicken Coupe comes up next to me and sounds like he has it in 2nd gear. He gets on and off the gas making the car jump a little. I waited until he got next to me and I lightly hit the brakes and nailed the gas. Spooled up instantly and FRIED the Nittos while doing 30mph. I got a little sideways for about 30ft and the guy backed off real quick. I kept an eye on him and he wouldn't even look over. Looked like he didn't want to try. Oh well. Maybe if I catch him out tomorrow night at the Rod Run at Sonic, I'll see what he has in the car. It was really pretty. It looked like that Cadillac white/blue pearl. The car was really straight and looked like it came off the showroom floor.

Question

The Superchickens are Supercharged right?

If there not, i'm hoping that guy doesn't know what TR or GN is.

Re: Question

Originally posted by Big Paul
The Superchickens are Supercharged right?

If there not, i'm hoping that guy doesn't know what TR or GN is.

The SC was supercharged but don't forget the Turbo Coupes a buddy of mine has one and for a turbo 4 in a overweight luxury car it's fast! especially at 18lbs of boost. But I'm going to show him the power of the Darkside as soon as the new mill is finished.;)

Good job. The guy in the SuperChicken was probably thinkin "This guy is Fu%*!ng nuts!"

83-88 T Birds are Turbo Coupes with the turbo charged 2.3 4 cylinder
89-95 T Bird SC (Super Coupes) are 3.8 liter V6's with the Eaton super charger similar to what is used on the new Grand Prix, Regals, Park Ave's, etc
The SC's are very heavy.....most weigh in well over 4,000lbs, the ydont make a lot of boost, and are not geared very well (most have 2.73 gears). I think the fastest one over at www.sccoa.com runs low 12's with a ton of engine work.

Kid at the local advance auto has one. (87 Turbo Coupe) He was checking out my regal once when I was ready to leave the place.
He said, " Oh, its pretty quick". I asked how fast, to which he says it'll do low 13's. I said, neat, what mods... "Oh its stock":rolleyes: I asked how he figured its et. He said he and a buddy used a stopwatch. LOL.
Nice guy, no big attitude, just kinda clueless.
Since he asked, I rolled a lil smoke when I left. Next time I went back I asked if he thought he could beat me. He didnt want any of it. :D

Back