You can type here any text you want

T chip & fuel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RossGN

I've got a Turbotweak 93 chip & 009 injector package. I'm getting 3 - 4 dregrees knock retard at around 4000 rpm at 15-16 lbs boost - 43 psi fuel - line off. Should I bump the fuel pressure at the regulator first or adjust fuel via the chip? Only other mods are KN cone filter, new Walbro hot wired pump, and 3" DP.

Thanks

Ross

First, what fuel are you using? Do you have a power logger? scanmaster, direct scan? to record what is going on?

Have you verified the proper risen rate fuel PSI for said boost?>

What boost was the chip burned for?

93 octane chip - running 93 octane gas. Have to get an extension for my fuel pressure guage to read while under boost. tuning with T-link.

This one:

Street chip: Order this chip if you're using pump gas (91-94 octane). You can typically run 16-18psi boost in most cases (a little lower with 91oct). WOT (wide open throttle) fuel will be set up for the 16-18psi boost level and around 18 degrees timing. This chip can be used with alcohol injection. If you have alky injection, and you want the option of turning the alky off and running without it, then order a Street chip. This chip will not typically pass emissions testing. Torque converter locks at 45mph during cruising, and fan turn-on around 165* (unless otherwise specified). I do not set the torque converter to lock at WOT, as it typically causes too much knock and breakage. If you still want it to lock at WOT, you have to specifically tell me.

Gotcha.......wasnt sure if you had requested "x" psi to be burned in the chip.

Is the 3-4 Degrees of KR in third at WOT?

Have you tried lowering the boost to see if it goes away?

Either way still need to verify proper WOT fuel PSI.

I think I'll sneak out today and see if I can find the stuff to make an extension for my FP guage. Haven't messed with boost at all. Once I get the FP guage rigged up, I'll report FP at WOT and post the T-link numbers.

Thanks for the help

Ross

Great advice guys. Had an extension hose built for my FP guage today. FP was not budging with boost. Turns out had vacuum leak in the steel line between the vacuum block and FP regulator. Ran a temporary line from the vacuum block to the regulator and boost comes up to nearly 60 psi at WOT, and of course no KR.

Also improved the idle quality.

Thanks again

Ross

If you had a power logger you can record the fuel pressure with a sensor, I think it was about $80, you can put it where the gauge connects.

Great advice guys. Had an extension hose built for my FP guage today. FP was not budging with boost. Turns out had vacuum leak in the steel line between the vacuum block and FP regulator. Ran a temporary line from the vacuum block to the regulator and boost comes up to nearly 60 psi at WOT, and of course no KR.

Also improved the idle quality.

Thanks again

Ross

Cool:cool:

Back