You can type here any text you want

T-com locks up the converter when it wants to

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1st and goal

I'm running a 4L60E with a T-com and a Vigilante multi disc torque converter in my 94 Z/28.

I took my Z for a few tuning trips down the local racetrack and I had the WOT TCC lock-up box unchecked and the min. MPH for TCC lockup was at 55 mph but at about 90-95 mph (not really sure of the mph as I wasn't watching the speedo) but I felt the t/c lockup (and could see the rpm drop about 600 rpm in my fast data log).

I then unhooked the TCC 4L60E wire connector and went for another rip down the track and the Vig didn't lock up so it's not the converter.

The T/C does lockup at 55 like it should under gradual acceleration.

I checked the global setup parameters and I'm exceeding the min. TPS for WOT %.

What do I have to do to the T-com to not make it lockup when the box is unchecked? (other than unhook the wire)

I have yet to try and see if it locks up when the box is checked at the appropriate mph as I only had a few trips at the track.

What is the minimum mph that you can make the t/c lock up at? I was looking to do some second gear pulls to do some street tuning on the fast system.

Marc

Back