T & D Rockers vs. H. Sharpe rockers

Walt03

Could someone tell me the pros and cons about buying the T&D 1.65 rocker arms vs. the Harland Sharpe rocker arms.

I have stock rockers and have the heads off the car so I'm looking to do the modifications now run the stockers for awhile but be prepared to buy the 1.65 rockers later. Looking to buy the better of the brands.

There must be some differences in the bolt up to head pros and cons or modification to the rocker arms between the two brands.

I need your experiences to help me decide.

Thx

Both will work with stock heads providing you machine the pedestals (the rockers will contact the side of the pedestals and it will not allow the rocker shaft to sit flush). The T&D's in my opinion are better quality but more expensive. The Harland Sharp will not work on TA aluminum heads unless you do some extensive work with shims and spacers.
Jeff

I feel theres no difference. Except price.

Ive got H/S and have had no problems with them. As a matter of fact I don't remember ever seeing a thread that talked about either H/S or T&D failing. I do remember someone complaining that his Rockers were noisy and someone suggested getting T&Ds but mine are not loud at all.

Intercooler member from this board snapped a harlard sharpe in half-maybe there is still a link to it. never heard of a T&D failing and they re also used on stage2 heads so you know they can take a beating.

I've broken lots of T&D's and a couple Sharp's, but I ran more spring than most. There's no comparing the stuff for production heads to the Stage 2's. The problem with rocker strength on production heads is the large shaft placed so close to the valves...there's no room for any beef. In the stock head application, I believe the Sharpe's are much stronger... GB

What about "Scorpion" like in the advertisement in all of the Gm magazines?

I thought T&D was top of the line from what ive always heard.