You can type here any text you want

T package exterior trim

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T-TYME

I just bought an '87 T Regal. The previous owner did a home blackout on the exterior trim. I know some of these cars had optional blackout trim. I know the WE4 cars are all black:paint,trim,bumpers,etc. My car is white with maroon cloth buckets and console. I know the bumpers should be chrome{the previous owner did a "white out" on those along with the body kit and turbo wheels}. It seems the picures of other "T" cars have with blackout trim have window, door handles,headlight/taillight,etc done. Would this be part of the Y-56 option? My car does not have Y-56. The door handles and locks are chrome/stainless and the stuff that is black is bad Krylon and or black tape. Did the factory use blackout tape or just paint? Both? The trim along the tops of the doors are painted black and look nice. I'm getting ready for paint and bodywork so I would like to get the trim done at the same time. Right now all window trim,grill,trunk,headlight/taillight is black. The black paint along to trunk edge in chipping and it's chrome/stainless under the paint.I don't have a preference to black or chrome,just wondering what's what. Thanks for any info!

Y56 is the "T" package......the blackout trim package code is WO2. It's black trim around the windshield, rear window, door handles, headlight bezel, tail-light bezels, wheelwell moldings. If you look at my sig, I have a gray 87 Turbo T w/WO2 trim. The bumpers on all non-GN Regals are chrome, with the exception of the WE4 package.

Slo86GN said:
Y56 is the "T" package......the blackout trim package code is WO2. It's black trim around the windshield, rear window, door handles, headlight bezel, tail-light bezels, wheelwell moldings. If you look at my sig, I have a gray 87 Turbo T w/WO2 trim. The bumpers on all non-GN Regals are chrome, with the exception of the WE4 package.

There's even more black v. chrome than this (doors and trunk locks, door edge guards, quarter windows, window felts, and on and on...

I own a chrome T...

strike

I did forget to look for the WO2 code in the trunk. I did check for it and it is not equipped that way. Shold I then assume that my car should have NO black trim anywhere,including the grill? What about quarter glass? Should those just have black rubber with chrome accents.My car does have "T" emblems on the front fenders and horn cap. Is this the standard on all turbo non GN cars? The car is equipped with the LC2 and G80 options so we're havin' fun no matter what the trim colors are! This is my fist TR but I'm a long time fan so the learning curve has been fun so far. Thanks for everyones input-very helpful!

Strike-Could you post a pic of your chrome T for an example? Thanks if so.

strikeeagle said:
There's even more black v. chrome than this (doors and trunk locks, door edge guards, quarter windows, window felts, and on and on...

I own a chrome T...

strike

Yep, I forgot about a bunch of the little things.....lol. When you sit down and start listing them, it's amazing how many pieces are blacked out for the WO2 package.

As far as I know, you should have all chrome trim. As for the grill, I'm not sure.....I don't know if any cars besides the GN, WO2 optioned Turbo T's, or WE4's came with black grills.

T-TYME said:
Strike-Could you post a pic of your chrome T for an example? Thanks if so.

How about this one?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 81
I say do what U like.

I took a white regal limited, removed the vinyl top, painted the bumpers white, and blacked out everything. I also have the burgundy bucket interior, so I say just do what U think looks good. If ur dead set on originality then dont pat any attention to my rambling :biggrin: . Heres a pic kind of hard to see all the trim but thats all I have right now.

Attachments

• pic for car 019.jpg
    pic for car 019.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 130
Cool-thanks for all the pics. Unlike my car,the Rabbit car's white out was nicely done. Very clean and tasteful. The F-1 looks good with the contrasting chrome against the white also. Not sure what direction I'm going with the car yet. I'm mostly just curious how it came from the factory. I will go stock appearing with a creative liberty or two. As far as the grills go,were the black grills plastic and the chrome metal? Mine is black plastic right now,anyone know about or have a chrome for comparison? Thanks for the input guys! Took my wife to dinner in the car tonight and she's threatening to use it as her daily driver now. She was really surprised how quiet and comfortable it was? The car was not love at first sight for her but she's coming around!What's the emblem behind the quarter glass on F-1's car? Is that car a Limited or base Regal? I've seen Limiteds with stainless rocker trim. Are all or just some equipped that way? Let's beat this trim issue to death! :biggrin:

My WO2 pkg. pic

I like the chrome also....it's a totally different look....more classic looks maybe....

Attachments

• Cold6Pack.JPG
    Cold6Pack.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 96
Back