You can type here any text you want

t top plastic trim around glass

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gmmuscle

I have not heard mention of a replacement for this part. Mine are cracking and making wind noise-not to mention very difficult to put back into the storage bags. Any suggestions??

Carl

I have not heard mention of a replacement for this part. Mine are cracking and making wind noise-not to mention very difficult to put back into the storage bags. Any suggestions??

Carl

Yours go around the glass? In looking at the t-tops I have,there is only one black panel. It appears to be metal and is on the side of the glass panel above the door glass. Nothing goes completely around the tops.

Maybe what you have on there shouldn't be on there.

I know what you're talking about.....been with my '87 GN since new and the glass tops have no trim around it on the three sides....just the large metal edge that goes towards the outside of the car that contains the lock and weatherstrip.....I, personally, have never seen a Grand National with the trimmed T-Tops......the untrimmed ones on mine have been on since new. I've seen the trimmed tops from a Monte Carlo and Cutlass, matter of fact, I have a set of Cutlass T -Tops as spares and they have the black trim around the three sides.....they were hard to fit on my GN because of the extra thickness of the trim pieces so I just store them in the garage. I don't know where you can find these trim pieces except off of a wrecked Cutlass or Monte Carlo T-Top.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back