T-top weatherstripping

Akoz

Installed new complete t top weatherstripping which I bought from G body parts. Went in well and fitment is good, but having issues with both windows not sealing along the top edge in the corners when they are all the way up. Looks like the window needs adjustment to seal properly against the top weatherstrip. Has anybody else had this issue?

Window adjustments are standard. How well was your seal with the old weatherstrips? My ttop car had an issue at the "blowout clip" on the passenger side. When you shut the door the window was too high. I havent had enough time to play with it yet but I want to try the dollar bill test on it when I think it's right. Dont forget about the door hinge bushings and the door alignment overall, a sagging door would waste your time.

Get the kirban window rattle book, it explains all of the window adjustments. I swapped the guys from doors I replaced and couldn't have been able to do it without the book.

kirban 2 cents worth

yes the kirban book written by pete serio who developed the dollar bill test and used to work on these cars is worth it. also if you have not done it already bu the rear seat braces helps keep the car tight...that is critical get the car tight before you make the final adjustments....

remember profanity alone won;t seal the windows to the seals....

I even have the installation book from Hurst on how to cut your roof to install T-Tops or hurst/hatches as they were called in the 1970s....one option we could have done without.

good luck

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If you remove the bottom door panel you will find two screws that let you adjust the window parallel to the top weatherstrip. This will help with sealing.