You can type here any text you want

T-type kills a modded WRX

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Screamin LS1 SS

I hate this user name
Went to the dragstrip last night and there was a modded WRX there, he had taken his headlight out and removed his exhaust, spare tire, jack, etc. while at the track. I was thinking it was gonna fly. Well, he pulls up and stages and runs a 13.9@103. Well it was pretty fast anyways, Well a few mins go by and here he comes with a brown T-type. The t-type does a huge burnout and stages. I heard somone say "what is that brown car, he's about to get killed by the WRX, I turned around and said I bet he don't and turned back around. Lights go to green and the WRX does his AWD launch and the TR just sits there, I bet he had a 2.1 reaction time. Then all the sudden he comes out like crazy and blows by that damn thing like it wasn't nothing. He rips a 11.5@118 to the WRX's 14.0@102. I laughed.

Ignorance is bliss for some people

Classic example of the ignorance people have towards TRs... Personally, I like most people not knowing I have a fast car and assuming it's just another old G-body or "granny" car as TRs are commonly known... WRX's are nice little cars, but their a far cry from being on the TRs level IMO... Next time u should put some $$$$ on the old buick regal V6... Tell them that weird spooling noise is just a broken belt LOL!!!:D

race

that is a classic...i like the sleeper image! long live TR's!!

LOL

Yeah, this guy wasn't too wise. He probably had a Civic sitting around back on "dubs" or something. Yes, the WRX's are nice cars, but they don't quite have the reputation nor the potential of a TR IMO either. Later guys.

Haha, the Turbo Buick just wanted to make the race at the finish line a little bit close. Maybe a LONGER reaction time in the future! The WRX guy I talked with at the track was running a 15.5, of course that was with the automatic. I like the cars, but I wouldn't be revving my engine at every Camaro / Mustang or "granny car" that I came across. Thanks for the story, I love the unsuspecting kills :D

unsuspecting kills...

That's the great thing about the TR's and TTA's... Everybody is not so keen on what TR's and TTA's actually are and many people with suppossibly fast cars get surprised at times... Some people see a TR and they usually just figure it's a Monte Carlo or Olds 442 or maybe even a plain jane Regal... If somebody sees a TTA they usually figure it's just another slow 305 or 350 V8 third gen fbody... I've had many people with Vettes and Mustangs ask if I have any heads/cam/intake work on my 350 V8:D It's pretty funny to see the look on their face when u tell them it's just a little V6... Many people refuse to believe it's possible for a V6 to beat a V8... I've even been asked why I took the 350 V8 out and put in the V6... Even if that V6 has a turbo and intercooler and has a reputation for beating those big bad V8s!!!:cool:

Yep, people underestimate the power of the 6 cyl. I race some guy about 6 months ago with a heavily modded 300ZX on the interstate, and he stomped my ass, that was when my car was stock though, and all the people that don't know anything about car were like "You got beat by a 6 cyl", I was like yeah...SO. Some people just don't know.

Back