You can type here any text you want

TA Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

I picked up some street TA heads from Kenny D. (1.94" intake,1.60"exhaust and use the stock rocker arm setup) and I starting setting up the valve train last night with T&D roller rockers. After getting the correct push rod length I noticed an issue with the rollers on some of the rockers. Several had the edge of the roller in line with the edge of the valve stem and others placed the roller about 1/4 off the stem. If I reposition the washers on the T&D rocker arm shaft, I can get all the rollers to position on the edge of the stem but the push rods are now close to the head casting (they do not touch). I assume that TA repositioned the valve location slightly in order for the valves to fit. Any thoughts.
Jeff

Align the valve stems with the rollers using the spacers, the pushrods at a slight angle wont hurt a thing.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Align the valve stems with the rollers using the spacers, the pushrods at a slight angle wont hurt a thing.

Thanks Bill. I noticed that all the spacers have a metal washer that separates the rocker from the the tube spacer. Will there be a problem with the tube riding against the rocker arm if I shift the washer to one side?
Thanks again,
Jeff

Try calling T&D machine, 775-884-2292, they can supply you with the correct spacers for a modest fee($12). I had that issue when I went from stock heads to GN1's, they shipped them the same day too.

John

If these are "Street Eliminator" heads, they require specific rollers rockers. The pushrod holes are located different than stock to allow for larger ports.

Guess this means you are not going to want the set of TA heads now on order?

Originally posted by Jeff Rand
Thanks Bill. I noticed that all the spacers have a metal washer that separates the rocker from the the tube spacer. Will there be a problem with the tube riding against the rocker arm if I shift the washer to one side?
Thanks again,
Jeff

You will need the washer, otherwise the aluminum tube will ride against the bearing on the rocker instead of the rocker body. You can turn the aluminum spacer down on a lathe if you need room to make clearance and add the washer back in it.

Thanks for the information. I will call TA today.
Nick, I sent you a PM.
Jeff

Just a followup ; TA said to use the setup as is and T&D advised me to try to optimize the rocker arm position as much as possible. They will makeup some shorter tube spacers so that I can use extra metal washers to separate the tube from the rocker arm. Very helpful group up at T&D.
Jeff

Back