You can type here any text you want

TA national pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

made it out for a few hours tonight. only snapped a few pics, so here is a little something for now. i'm gonna try to head back at least for a while tomorrow morning. there was also a red ls2 vette there but i guess i didn't take any pics of it...

i drove the '89.... parked next to another tta but i never found the owner...
100_0139.jpg

not a fan of hood birds on the newer cars... but this was a sweet paint job....
100_0142.jpg

100_0132.jpg

100_0131.jpg

100_0133.jpg

this '69 was there, i saw a second pull in as i left. not sure if they were real or clones....
100_0134.jpg

100_0135.jpg

100_0136.jpg

100_0137.jpg

100_0138.jpg

didn't really like this - but it was different. whole engine was covered in paint or chrome covers...
100_0141.jpg

Thanks for the report :) Enjoyed the pictures!

We always say one of the reasons for the low resale value of the TTA is that neither the GN crowd nor the Pontiac crowd fully accepts the TTA....Did you experience anything that would confirm or deny that premise during your stay there?

Originally posted by lburou
Thanks for the report :) Enjoyed the pictures!

We always say one of the reasons for the low resale value of the TTA is that neither the GN crowd nor the Pontiac crowd fully accepts the TTA....Did you experience anything that would confirm or deny that premise during your stay there?

i would say of the people i talked to - they respected the tta because these people actually know about the car and the performance it has. while i was standing around the tta cars i heard many people say things like....

"that's the turbo car"
"wow that's cool/sweet/etc"

mostly good things like that. the good part about this show is that it's all firebirds, so the people there know what you've got. i drove my '89 yesterday and even though it's not detailed yet, has the crappy window tint still in it - everyone did a double take - once they noticed it wasn't a plain old gta ;)

Wow sooo much to explain about those pictures. My car is the one on the far left in the picture with 3 TTAs. The one next to me is a friend who I talked to last year and the year before when I didn't have a TTA he said his wife was selling hers at the time. His car has cloth and 4k miles on it. The car on the far right is a TTA collector. He has 4 TTAs and that one has 5k miles on it. You also missed the other TTA that came later with only 200 miles on it. The one with 200 miles won the Stock 20th Anniv class (what a suprise). My car had like 19.5k at the show and I drove it there and home. All the others were trailered. I talked with the judge before he start judging not realizing who he was and he told us some things to do. He laughed when he noticed we did all of them. I then talked to him after he was completely done judging all of his cars and scores were submitted to ask him for more pointers. I must say he was the best judge ever. He said he wrote remarks on everyones score cards on why he marked them down. He was more than willing to talk with people after the show and tell them things that stood out. I'll be adding some pictures to this thread since I took over 70 pictures at the show.

Oh as for the 69 they were both real, but you were taking a picture of the wrong car that is in that picture. However the one you took a piture of will probably be the best looking 69 TA you will ever see. The guy lives in Indiana is collects TAs specifically. He set up a deal with some collector car trailer company where he drives one car and they haul the rest for him for fairly cheap. Anyways here is a list of some of the cars he had there: 1969 TA, 1974 455 SD, 1989 TTA (1k miles), 1979 10th Anniv, 1984 15th anniv, 1994 25th Anniv Hard top 6 spd, 1999 30th Anniv, 1973 455 TA, and I think there was one more but can't think of it. He broght all of his anniv this year since this year was the Trans Am Nationals 20th year.

Check back in the next few days and there will be many pictures added with a good explanations.

damn i'm sorry i missed you! i was there for 2 days looking for tta owners to talk to.... i only saw their cars ;)

How many TTAs were inattendance this year? Was it the 4 you mentioned or were their more?
- Dave

i saw 5... the one i posted first with my car, the 3 side-by-side that contains 72firbird's car, and a 5th one was just a bit farther down the row from those 3 by itself.

also, the corner had a display with all the pace cars, the firebird wagon, etc. i dont' know if pontiac brought those out or not.

mine and an unknown...
http://smiley.tzo.com/temp/tan/100_0139.jpg

72firebird and 2 unknowns....
http://smiley.tzo.com/temp/tan/100_0149.jpg

the pontiac display....
http://smiley.tzo.com/temp/tan/100_0132.jpg

and i only have engine bay pics of the 5th unknown....

WOW they have really dropped off in attendance. I went in 1994 and their must have been 20 of them. I guess the years have started to take their toll.

Thanks for the pictures. I was trying to line up a business trip this year, but it was canceled at the last minute. It is a long haul from California. :(

- Dave

Well I just got all my pictures uploaded. I'm gunna tyr just posting a link to the albulm on imagestation. There are a few picture of the things I did to my car mixed in because I never uploaded thoughs and didn't feel like sorting through them. On all the pictures you can click them and get a bigger version of the picture and under that it'll say like View Original image and if you click that it'll be a huge full size image.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4066880093

If you're having any problems just post and I will try to figure it out. There's also a lot of pictures of the original exhaust on a TTA because I"m trying to make exhaust look exactley the same as the stock.

Back