You can type here any text you want

Tach problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SpooledUp

Haulin Ass with Class
My tach had been reading incorrectly for some time now so I finally got a recalibrated unit from Caspers and replaced it. To my suprise it did not correct my problem. The question I have is there a way to adjust this unit that I missed when I installed it? Is there any other things that I should look for that could be causing my problem? Any info is appreciated.

you dont by chance happen to have the fuel prime connector plugged into the tach connector behind the alternator-a/c compressor

if those arent connected the only other source is the ignition module , ive had some that worked and tested fine on casper ign tester but didnt drive the tach properly , the fix replace the ignition module

if those arent connected the only other source is the ignition module , ive had some that worked and tested fine on casper ign tester but didnt drive the tach properly , the fix replace the ignition module

My tachometer problem wound up being an aftermarket ignition module. It would cause my SW tachometer to zeroize if it went above 2K RPM.

you dont by chance happen to have the fuel prime connector plugged into the tach connector behind the alternator-a/c compressor

That is the green and black connectors correct? If so those are definately not connected. I had replaced the ign module about a year and a half ago so that should not be the problem either but I guess you never know. I will try and swap it back with the original and see if it resolves the problem.

Back