You can type here any text you want

TCC not working properly

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

c&cgn

It is, what it is...
I tried installing a TCC lockup switch but cannot get it to work.

The switch I have is wired correctly, as per gnttype instructions, and I even tried testing it out using the paperclip and it showed nothing on turbolink at all. Still only locked up after 45mph. What am I doing wrong?

The TCC shows it is "on" (on Turbolink) when the car goes over 45mph (as commanded by the chip) but I also noticed that now it is not dis-engaging when I put my foot on the brake. Why would this be? TCC solenoid sticking maybe?

What exactly..

Are you trying to do? add a manual switch so it will work normal at all other times or do you have a dfi and need to run a switch?
Both require a little different wiring. The easiest is to run a switch On -Off , and tee it into the Black wire at the connector into trans. Run it to switch and other side of switch to ground. That should work.:)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Just trying to add a manual switch to lock up the TCC when it shifts into 2nd gear (at the track). No dfi invloved. Just tried to wire it to the aldl as per the instructions on the gnttype website.

Hey Clayton!
You might have an open wire going to the ALDL, check continuity between the ALDL terminal and the 4 wire harness that plugs into the side of your tranny.
If the computer can lock it up, so can you.
Looks like you may get the old ATF bath if that solenoid keeps sticking....;)
You may want to check your brake switch as well, as the pink wires going to it are the 12 volt feed for the TCC solenoid.
Just some things to check.............
Gee, memories of Ashcroft!:cool:

Originally posted by WSLN 6
Hey Clayton!
You might have an open wire going to the ALDL, check continuity between the ALDL terminal and the 4 wire harness that plugs into the side of your tranny.
If the computer can lock it up, so can you.
Looks like you may get the old ATF bath if that solenoid keeps sticking....;)
You may want to check your brake switch as well, as the pink wires going to it are the 12 volt feed for the TCC solenoid.
Just some things to check.............
Gee, memories of Ashcroft!:cool:

Howdy,

That's what I thought was weird, the computer locks it up but the paperclip trick and/or switch didn't. No bath for me though, I have a drain plug :D

I'll definately check the brake switch too.

You coming to Ashcroft this year? April 20th and 21st. I expect to see you there with your car! :D

Later,

Clayton

Hmmmmmmmmm.................Don't know about Ashcroft this year, we'll see. As for my car, I will have E.T streets on it, so I can't imagine that 1000 miles of highway driving would be good for them.
But, hey, only time will tell.
Now get to that TCC problem.
The easiest thing to do would be to unplug the tranny plug, and use your ohm meter to check for continuity between your brake switch 12v. and the plug.
Pushing your brake down should cut the 12 volt supply to the plug.
Your ecm can lock it up, so the ground circuit going to the plug is good.(Maybe not at the ALDL)
Does your scantool show you if the ecm is commanding the TCC to lockup or not?
If it is(Probably not) your converter would stay locked up and your car would chug.
A more likely scenario is that the brake switch is faulty(Not disconnecting the 12v. feed when you hit the brakes) or your solenoid is sticky.
Have fun!:D

Back