TE 64 - 1 questions...

Quickturbosix

High on PSI
I can't seem to find a listing for this turbo number. I can find 63 and 66 just no 64.

Anyone have any info to share?

Also what do you think a full rebuild will cost on something like this?

Thanks guys,

The 64 is PTE's version of a TE-45A with a 66mm wheel. As long as the shaft is ok and compressor wheel is ok a standard rebuild with o-rings, bushings, seals, thrust, cleaning, should run $350 or so. You can also buy a kit and do it yourself for $150 and PTE or Limit can get you that. If you want to send it to me I can get it rebuilt for $350 with a 12 month warranty.

is it a TE64 Or aT64E. I think the te64-1 is a big housing turbo [race] and the t64 e is A small housing [street].Contact pte for more info

I think I must have the only TA64. I talked to John Craig about rebuilding it since I will never give PTE another cent. It's costing me $450 but that's for a new compressor wheel and a TE compressor housing and backing plate instead of the whimpy 87 housing.

I have a TE 64-1 with the big 70 series looking housing but with a 3" inlet,I know this is a bit off topic but anyone know how much hp this turbo can make?I'm hoping it will support around 600,will it or will I need a bigger turbo?

Thanks,
Steve

The T64E can support 700hp, so I don't think you'll need a bigger turbo unless you have a S2 motor and are looking to run 9's or faster.:D