Teaser pic for Brick and Wilde

DCVING 6

:D
It's gettin there. I have everything loosely bolted in just to check fitment. More to come later. :cool:

1hpim00082lk.jpg

I got the ATR headers, cross over, downpipe, and exhaust housing on the turbo ceramic coated. The place did an AWSOME job. The only problem is it looks so good that the rest of the engine looks like crap now. :D

DCVING 6 said:
I got the ATR headers, cross over, downpipe, and exhaust housing on the turbo ceramic coated. The place did an AWSOME job. The only problem is it looks so good that the rest of the engine looks like crap now. :D

LOL yeah it's like anything else you make one thing look nice and then the rest doesn't look right so out comes the wallet.. :D :eek:

That is beautiful and thanks for mentioning me in the safe breath as Steve 86 Brick! :eek:

DCVING 6 said:
:D
It's gettin there. I have everything loosely bolted in just to check fitment. More to come later. :cool:

1hpim00082lk.jpg
congrats on the progress, it looks nice :cool:

Nice :cool:

Who did the coating, and is it suppose to handle the heat w/o dulling?

Got it done at a local place called Lo-Ko performance coatings in Oak Lawn, IL. It is rated at 1500*. I've seen it on a couple other local cars and they have had no problems with fading or anything. I was REALLY please at the quality of it, came out pretty smooth, not all chunky like some I've seen.

Wow those headers look very nice coated!!! You're making me feel bad about my stocker "rusty crusty's" as I like to call them...

The gate looks nice as well and I'm sure the boost control should be rock steady! :cool:

DCVING 6 said:
Got it done at a local place called Lo-Ko performance coatings in Oak Lawn, IL. It is rated at 1500*. I've seen it on a couple other local cars and they have had no problems with fading or anything. I was REALLY please at the quality of it, came out pretty smooth, not all chunky like some I've seen.
What was the cost? I'm trying to find the polished looking coating that will stand the temps we can produce. I'm almost ready to send my stuff out. Thanks for the info though.

Googs said:
What was the cost? I'm trying to find the polished looking coating that will stand the temps we can produce. I'm almost ready to send my stuff out. Thanks for the info though.

Headers were $160, any other piping is about $17 per foot, so with the long cross over, and the downpipe, those came out to $80. The exhaust housing on the turbo was $60.

what size tial gate and turbo is that? what are you expecting to run with your setup? looking at a tial gate possibly. thanks, jeremy

jpwalt1987 said:
what size tial gate and turbo is that? what are you expecting to run with your setup? looking at a tial gate possibly. thanks, jeremy

its a 38mm Tial gate, ball bearing 61mm turbonetics turbo. I will be capping it at 11.50 since I have no cage and am still using a bone stock longblock. Once I have Pro Trac do a motor for me, I will turn it up. :D