You can type here any text you want

thdp vs. others

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

I am looking into getting a down pipe. I was wondering if I should go with the thdp, or with an other brand down pipe?
Would the thdp increase hp over others?
THANKS Joe

I doubt any other will be significantly better than the THDP and the THDP is probably more readily available. ATR might be the only other readily available one.

Of course, there are many people that say you don't need one, but that's another story :-)

Originally posted by mark b
I doubt any other will be significantly better than the THDP and the THDP is probably more readily available. ATR might be the only other readily available one.

THDP way over priced IMHO, I bought a Mease Performance, I have pics if you want to see it. MUCH cheaper and the fit was NICE!!!!!

Phil

P6050008.jpg

1P6030005.jpg

P6030006.jpg

Is there anymore exshaust vibration or vibration in general compaird to having the flex on the down pipe? How much was the down pipe and where can I purchase one? That is 3inch right? it looks like it is, but I am just double checking.
Thanks for the help.
Joe

Originally posted by mojilla
Is there anymore exshaust vibration or vibration in general compaird to having the flex on the down pipe? How much was the down pipe and where can I purchase one? That is 3inch right? it looks like it is, but I am just double checking.
Thanks for the help.
Joe
Well its not a 1 piece like the THDP so it can be manuvered for the best fit, then youll have to have it welded. But since it has 3 pieces it can be removed easily. Do a search for Mease performance on this site, he was very slow in the first productions so keep that in mind. I think I paid $375.

Phil

Is the Mease stainless?

Stainless isn't cheap, no matter where you go. $375 sounds like a decent price for SS..... as long as you can get them.

Originally posted by mark b
Is the Mease stainless?

Stainless isn't cheap, no matter where you go. $375 sounds like a decent price for SS..... as long as you can get them.

Yes it is stainless

I have tride a search for mease performnce, but I did not come up with much info. Is there any number for mease performnce, or possible wed site?
Thanks
joe

http://measeperformance.com/ There you go,Thats the link to his website...And you can try this #...1-609-518-8917..I will be having The 3"DP. done soon...After tranny rebuild..He is going to custom make it on the car..Im lucky,I only live about 25min from him...;) :p

I noticed it doesn't have the flex pipe, any problems with banging around? How long was the wait for the Mease TTA pipe?

Re: I have the MPE SS DP.....

Originally posted by billsgn
and it looks just like a THDP. It is not three pieces, it is one piece. The test pipe with dump is also a very nice piece. You can get more info from their website....

http://www.measeperformance.com/

HTH

Bill
Hey Bill you have a GN pipe from mease??? I can tell you for sure the TTA DP IS 3 pieces!!!! Did you look at the pics above!!!

Back