You can type here any text you want

THDP with Global West SFCs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Tired of this thing hitting. Want to know what the experts did.

section the pipe? also where does the little ear/tab bolt up to?

The ear bolts up to the crossover flange. From the turbo, the pipe goes between the frame and the headers..From there, it take a turn towards the passenger side. On that section(it would be perpendicular to the car)...That is where you cut out the piece. Anywhere on that section. It will move the pipe banging on the subframe closer to the middle of the car and away from the subframe connector.

Make sure to mark it before cutting in a couple spots so it will be clocked properly when welded back together.

I did mine myself. Any questions. lemme know.

HTH
Bo

Like the others, I had to cut a section of the down pipe out. Why it flares out that far is anybody's guess. Once that is done, no more problems with it hitting.

The ear bolts up to the crossover flange. From the turbo, the pipe goes between the frame and the headers..From there, it take a turn towards the passenger side. On that section(it would be perpendicular to the car)...That is where you cut out the piece. Anywhere on that section. It will move the pipe banging on the subframe closer to the middle of the car and away from the subframe connector.

Make sure to mark it before cutting in a couple spots so it will be clocked properly when welded back together.

I did mine myself. Any questions. lemme know.

HTH
Bo

I have done this on 3 TTA's that I owned over the years...In case you do not weld,Or have access to a person that does...You can go grab a 3" STRAIGHT bandclamp...I have a buddy that worked at Freightliner...He brought me one home.,I was skeptical that it would hold...But never had a problem,Held tight and never leaked.They carry them at napa also...But im not sure they are as heavy Duty as the one I used.But may be worth a shot.

just an alternative,In case no welder is available.

Out of the 3,I welded 1 and clamped 2...And I weld,And have access to a welder.Just easier/quicker to clamp it.

Back