The Atomic GN'S 2008 Racing Season

Tony Shoaff

Not a bad season for starting late Aug., building new combo:) My first pass 10.32@127.08 US41 Dragway 7/20/08 Fixed a major problem. Went to 1/8th mile Coles County Dragway and ran 6.17@111.37 9/7/08. Installed new PPC conv. Rick tuned the car more and went to Gateway International Street Car Shootout set two records 9.84@136.69 1.28 60FT. 10/14/2008. Coles County Again 1/8th mile 6.01@114.24 1.35 60ft. 10/26/2008. That was it until I installed my halo and frt pillars track rules. Finished out last Sunday with no traction 6.23@111.92. I have been to 4 different tracks and made over 50 passes on this DLS built 109 and could never be happier:cool: I am going to work on the suspension this winter and hopefully set a few more records next year. See you all at some Buick Events next year! Take Car:biggrin:

Sounds like an awesome year Tony!!! cant wait to see it next year.... or maybe Sunday at the Buick meeting:wink:

1.28 60ft...... I think I'd leave the suspension alone :D

you"ve got that thing flying Tony, maybe will see you next year.

I wonder that myself? It was not ever time I ran those #'s. All I can do is try. I will see you next season:) Every Tuesday night hopefully.

If I make it down to the camground next year to see Jim, maybe I'll bring the GN along. I think theres a track in Mattoon. Were spoiled up here, Byron's about 10 miles from me.

Heavy D

How are you? Jim told me a little about the car you are building. I took the car with me several times late in the season:) Coles County Dragway is 45 minutes from the camper.. Worked out nice. I would rather have a motor home for next year? I will have a few new mods for the car, ready for next season;) . Bring your car down some time it will be fun:biggrin: Have a safe and happy winter:cool: