You can type here any text you want

The Gremlin continues!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

spross86

well I am stumped with this issue? when I disconnect the battery over night and the car is cold it runs good
if I take it out for a test drive after about ten min. of driving it starts stumbling , surging , dies at idle and in and out of gear? when I get it up to speed say 45mph it runs ok but if I try to accelerate it stumbles?
30 over block
36lbs injectors with TT chip
TE 49
everything else is bone stock
new tps
new wires , plugs
new ECM
new Coil pack and ignition mod.
new MAF (3)
new 3 Bar
new vac. lines all of them
new fuel pump with hot wire kit
fuel pressure 39 vac on 44 vac off. rises under boost
cleaned TB
cleaned all grounds and installed more
I attached a snap shot from Power Logger File
I don't no what else to try!:banghead:

Attachments

well I am stumped with this issue? when I disconnect the battery over night and the car is cold it runs good
if I take it out for a test drive after about ten min. of driving it starts stumbling , surging , dies at idle and in and out of gear? when I get it up to speed say 45mph it runs ok but if I try to accelerate it stumbles?
30 over block
36lbs injectors with TT chip
TE 49
everything else is bone stock
new tps
new wires , plugs
new ECM
new MAF (3)
new 3 Bar
new vac. lines all of them
new fuel pump with hot wire kit
fuel pressure 39 vac on 44 vac off. rises under boost
cleaned TB
cleaned all grounds and installed more
I attached a snap shot from Power Logger File
I don't no what else to try!:banghead:

It looks like you have a serious electrical noise problem. Data from a lot of your sensors is all over the map. You may have a bad connection somewhere on a ground or on the computer itself or a bad computer. You said you "added grounds". Where? Adding grounds could be a bad thing depending on where you put them. Do you have alcohol injection?

It looks like you have a serious electrical noise problem. Data from a lot of your sensors is all over the map. You may have a bad connection somewhere on a ground or on the computer itself or a bad computer. You said you "added grounds". Where? Adding grounds could be a bad thing depending on where you put them. Do you have alcohol injection?
No alcohol and from block to fire wall and to trans. On the grounds

new ECM
new MAF (3)

You say NEW ? or Rebuilt ??
New coil and ignition mod.
ECM rebuilt
MAF new and rebuilt
I am waiting on my new ZO6 MAF
With translator should have it this week

Rebuilt ecm's and maf''s are a crap shoot at best. What brand is your new coil pack and module?

I'ld borrow an ECM from someone and try it just to be sure. When did the car start behaving like this? What happens if you leave the battery hooked up and the engine is cold, does it run correctly?

Try taking it out and getting it warmed up. When it starts acting up, unplug the cam sensor plug in an see what it does. It may not change anything but you could eliminate one thing from the equation.

I'd just buy a known good used one off the board here. I noticed you have a 3 behind your maf, but say new and rebuilt. What exactly do you have for a maf sensor? I've also seen a few of the new a/c delco modules act up. Check all the pins on that big connector that plugs into the module.

Fire it up cold and unplug the cam sensor. See if it acts up like normal when it gets warm.

If you're running a stock style MAF just wait until you get the Trans and modern MAF and go from there.

so here is where I am with it and some history on the car. bought it in Nov. last year would not idle and was missing really bad. found 36lbs injectors in it with no chip ordered new TT chip for it and Logger no change. ordered Bought ECM from forum member with calpack no change. installed rebuilt MAFS from advanced
car got a little better and would idle for 1 min. then just die. changed out parts listed at top one at a time. IAC was froze up car got even better. so now today I left it hooked up to battery last night and it was missing from the start no change with cam sensor off. I noticed that O2 was all over the place and replaced it with a new one again today and it seems to be reading much better. at idle in park it has a small mis and stumbles when I try to raise RPMs. at Idle in Drive it pulses up and down IAC counts up and down between 40 and 65? I posted Log when in drive? I removed ECM and installed old one with factory chip and no change.

When you say pulses, do the lights (interior and headlights) pulse in a steady rhythm when the engine is running?

Fire it up cold and unplug the cam sensor. See if it acts up like normal when it gets warm.

If you're running a stock style MAF just wait until you get the Trans and modern MAF and go from there.

well I removed the injectors and the caps for the end of the injectors where just laying in the bore?
I am told these slip over the tops of the injectors and these caps are way to small to fit over the bosch 36lbs I am
wondering if these where the factory caps and the previous owner just dropped them in? this would
allow the fuel to push around the caps and could be my issue with stumble and stalling! I just ordered new 60lbs and Chip
from Eric at TT

Attachments

• injector caps.png
    injector caps.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 88
Back