The new GM High tech. Wrinkled 1/4!!

lmao Phil is such a rebel

Dude you are probably not gonna wrinkle yours unless it is cutting some really nasty 60 fts.

Let's put it this way, if you are fast enough to wrinkle the fender, you need to have a cage and probably some chassis work also.

True.

When you do it, use at least 1/8 inch plate. Skip around when welding. Don't weld more than 1/2" at a time. And brace the frame at the proper height before cutting it up.

Gratuitous wrinkle shot.

jps.jpg

Mine used to do the same thing!

Here is my car this year after the 2 bars were added in the trunk:

norwalk1.jpg

Too bad a little damage was already done to the quarters:(

I've noticed all the wrinkle guys have frame notches in common and hook like a Summamabitch!!

Are the bars in your trunk Kevin attaching to the back of the trunk itself or the rearest point of the frame??

I wonder if a triangle bracing like what we have for the front of the cars can be made for the rear to rectify this issue without the big roll cage bars??

I've noticed all the wrinkle guys have frame notches in common and hook like a Summamabitch!!

Are the bars in your trunk Kevin attaching to the back of the trunk itself or the rearest point of the frame??

I wonder if a triangle bracing like what we have for the front of the cars can be made for the rear to rectify this issue without the big roll cage bars??

They go to almost the end of the frame. The frame is notched in the wheel wells.